Windows 10: Windows Defender scan result notification

Discus and support Windows Defender scan result notification in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, Circa once in a week I get a Defender notification: "Windows Defender Antivirus scanned your device at [Time, Date]. No threats were found."... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by hazazs, Apr 22, 2020.

1. hazazs Win User

Windows Defender scan result notification

Hi all,

Circa once in a week I get a Defender notification:

"Windows Defender Antivirus scanned your device at [Time, Date]. No threats were found."

I don't want to receive this kind of notifications, only about real threats.

Windows Defender scan result notification 51591bad-5bcb-4921-8630-1eb7d7ac2688?upload=true.jpg

Should I disable this "Recent activity and scan results" option? Will it disable all the scan notifications, even if it contains real threats with immediate action required?

Thanks,

hazazs

:)

hazazs, Apr 22, 2020

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Ashton Win User
    Suppress "Windows Defender Antivirus did not find any threats..." notification on Windows 10

You can turn off Enhanced Notifications for Windows Defender:

1. Press Windows + i.
    2. Click Update & Security.
    3. From the Update & security sidebar, click Windows Defender.
    4. Scroll to the Enhanced notifications section and select No.

If you do not see Enhanced notifications as an option (likely because you are running Windows 10 15042 or newer), include the following additional steps:

1. Click Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    2. Click Virus & threat protection.
    3. Scroll down and click Change notification settings.
    4. Turn off Receive recent activity and scan results.

This will turn of successful updates and only notify you critical events.

Ashton, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Windows Defender scan result notification

Windows defender ofline scan

Hello Peter,

Knowing the result of the offline scan is really beneficial, especially as it involves the security of your device. To better assist you with your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided under
    Where can I find scan result? section on this link
    to be guided on checking the results of the Windows Defender
    Offline scan.

In addition, you can also check the suggestion provided by Cyber_Defend_Team on this
    thread to check for any malware
    under Windows Defender History that may show the recent scan that you've made.

Give us an update with the outcome.

Zedrick Del, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender scan result notification

1. Windows Defender scan result notification - Similar Threads - Defender scan result

2. Windows defender no notification after a scan

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender no notification after a scan: I did a system reset and now windows defender is not notifying me what happenee after a scan submitted by /u/TropicalLad1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13y9umf/windows_defender_no_notification_after_a_scan/
  3. Microsoft defender scan result is 0x40010004

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft defender scan result is 0x40010004: I schedule a scan using Task Scheduler as follows:"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"with parms of:-Scan -ScanType 2 -GetFilesI received a return code of 0x40010004What does that mean?My PC froze up today after that, too, but I'm not sure it was because of that....
  4. Microsoft defender scan result is 0x40010004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft defender scan result is 0x40010004: I schedule a scan using Task Scheduler as follows:"%ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe"with parms of:-Scan -ScanType 2 -GetFilesI received a return code of 0x40010004What does that mean?My PC froze up today after that, too, but I'm not sure it was because of that....
  5. Defender Scan Notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Scan Notification: Is it normal that I download an installer from the web then I run it, the defender says the admin request the file to be scanned? Even I don't initiate a scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-scan-notification/6494939c-9ecb-469a-9ea9-0ff24c4067d0
  6. Windows defender not showing quick scan results

Windows defender not showing quick scan results: My laptop is running weird all of a sudden, a local E drive is coming out of nowhere, lagging when i use setting,quick scan results even says not accessible...
  7. Defender "Preliminary Scan Results"

Defender "Preliminary Scan Results": When I scan with DEFENDER, this message appears: "Preliminary scan results show that malicious or potentially unwanted software might exist on your system. You can review detected items when the scan is complete." This message appears normal as I am running this scan...
  8. no scan results for defender offline scan

no scan results for defender offline scan: After performing an offline scan, after rebooting I cannot find the results for the scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-scan-results-for-defender-offline-scan/cf4765f0-7e06-4d9d-a736-39f1b8e4c695
  9. Windows Defender Offline Scan results?

Windows Defender Offline Scan results?: Just did a Windows Defender Offline Scan and wondering what the results are? All it showed during the scan was how many files are being scanned and the percentage completed. That is all. Even if no threats were detected, at least it should notify that no threats were...
  10. Windows Defender Offline scan results?

Windows Defender Offline scan results?: Just performed a Windows Defender Offline scan and the system rebooted afterwards. How can I check the results since the scan did not indicate any results from the offline scan? 129683