Windows 10: Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due

Discus and support Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am having issues with Windows Defender doing a quick scan on Windows 10S mode. It continually asks for a quick scan that's due but doesn't actually... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RomannamoR11, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due

I am having issues with Windows Defender doing a quick scan on Windows 10S mode. It continually asks for a quick scan that's due but doesn't actually perform one. I get the notification to perform one but it never accomplishes the scan once I go in. I have read several articles but no clear answers on how to solve.

This is a brand new Lenovo computer purchased a few weeks ago.

Thanks in advance.

:)

RomannamoR11, Nov 25, 2019
  2. Pehla Win User

Windows defender crash during scan

might be malware! i had similar issue with defender and other Av..its bad ass malware..
    use anykind of av rescue disk and scan with that!!!

Pehla, Nov 26, 2019
  3. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Brian Cab Win User

Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due

Windows defender custom scan does not scan external drives

Hi Joe,

to scan external drives using Windows Defender, follow the steps provided below.

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to Settings tab.
    • Select the Advanced option.
    • tick the checkbox for Scan removable drives.

Regards.

Brian Cab, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due

1. Windows Defender Scan - Scan Due - Similar Threads - Defender Scan Scan

2. Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender: Hello, just a question, what does Quick Scan Due mean in Windows Defender? It usually does it on its own. Is it because I havent been on my computer in a few weeks?...
  3. Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Scan Due in Windows Defender: Hello, just a question, what does Quick Scan Due mean in Windows Defender? It usually does it on its own. Is it because I havent been on my computer in a few weeks?...
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: The windows defender offline scan is not working. It just shows the blue screen after restarting and that box displaying windows defender offline and that's it. No scan progress is there everytime....
  6. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

7. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  8. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  9. 1909 - Windows Defender freezes mid scan.. constant "quick scan due"

1909 - Windows Defender freezes mid scan.. constant "quick scan due": Howdy! I installed Windows 10 Pro completely fresh (new cpu, new motherboard, new drive) in December and since then the little windows defender icon in the tray has had the yellow ! triangle telling me a quick scan is due. But whenever I perform a quick scan (or a full scan,...
  10. Windows Defender "Quick scan due" Warnings

Windows Defender "Quick scan due" Warnings: Good evening, My Windows Defender keeps bringing up a warning icon, saying "Quick scan due" when I open it. This is quite annoying as it occurs very frequently throughout the day, even though I scan it multiple times just to see a green check icon. I would understand if it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is windows defender saying quick scan due

2. quick scann

3. quick scan due is stuck

4. windows security scan due defender just spinning