Windows 10: Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Discus and support Windows Defender Scan Schedule? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Wiley Coyote, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Don't know if this is just me or not, but:

For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not even sure if this history is what it should be:

Windows Defender Scan Schedule? [​IMG]

Is this to be considered normal behavior? I would think it should scan autonomously without me having to run it manually.

I appreciate your comments, Thanks.

:)

Wiley Coyote, Aug 1, 2017
  2. Smorboll Win User

How do I locate and delete spyware from my iPhone 5s and my HP Pavilion laptop.

You can run a scan with Windows Defender. If that fails to find anything on your laptop, you can also try a Windows Defender offline scan.

Windows Defender Full Scan

• Press Windows Key and type Windows Defender.
    • Choose Full Scan and select Scan Now.

Windows Defender Offline Scan

• In Windows Defender, choose Offline Scan.
    For your iPhone, it is unlikely it was infected with malware. If it was, you can always reset your phone. AV programs do not exist for iPhone.

Smorboll, Aug 1, 2017
  3. Windows Defender: Can I stop the DAILY requests to scan?

Windows Defender will regularly scan your computer in order to help keep it safe. However, you can schedule Windows Defender to scan at a time and frequency that you choose.

You may want to read the comments by GreginMich in this
    topic
    in regards to Automatic Maintenance, Scheduled Scan and Limited Periodic Scanning.

Tip:
    How to Add Windows Defender scanning or offine scan to the context menu in Windows 10

quietman7 - MVP, Aug 1, 2017
  4. Porthos Win User

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

If you use ccleaner be sure to uncheck the Defender box. It causes Defender to think it has not done a scan.

Porthos, Aug 1, 2017
  5. Thanks for the response. OK, just looked and there is no box for WD. The closest I have is "Windows Log Files" and it is checked. Is that maybe the one you reference?

6. Eagle51 Win User
    WD is located in Cleaner > Applications > Utilities

Eagle51, Aug 1, 2017
  7. My CCleaner Free doesn't have a Defender Box OR Cleaner>Applications>Utilities.

What am I missing here???

8. Eagle51 Win User

Not sure ... latest version of Ccleaner Free has it (at least the portable version does)

Eagle51, Aug 1, 2017
  9. AH. That would explain it. Thanks...

10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule? [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Scan Schedule? - Similar Threads - Defender Scan Schedule

2. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help: For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file. 174473
  3. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help: For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file. 174473
  4. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  5. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  6. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  7. Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Good evening,I came to the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request and to help me schedule the offline, customized and complete Windows Defender antivirus scan.I'm waiting for this message!Thank you!A good day!...
  8. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  9. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  10. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...