Windows 10: Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming

Discus and support Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Happens all the time and even pops up in the corner above my game. How can I prevent it from scanning while playing? You'd think it would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/poppelicious, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming

Happens all the time and even pops up in the corner above my game. How can I prevent it from scanning while playing?

You'd think it would automatically prevent it when you have "game mode" on, but no.

submitted by /u/poppelicious
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/poppelicious, Dec 23, 2019

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Polyfun Win User
    Prevent windows defender from scanning during games

I get exactly the same problem as Zsigma:

• Windows 10 Pro x64
    • WIndows Defender process MsMpEng.exe will unpredictably take up to 50% of CPU.
    • If this happens whilst I am playing games, then the game will lag badly.
    • Windows Defender is not running a schedule scan.
    • Procmon shows Defender is accessing lots of my documents etc files.
    • Turning off real-time protection whilst gaming is a workaround, but it is not ideal.
    • What I really what is for Defender to detect that my PC is not idle and therefore to stop hogging the CPU.

Polyfun, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming

how scan windows defender

Hi Krishna,

When you start Windows 10 for the first time, Windows Defender works to help protect your PC by scanning for malicious or unwanted software. To turn on or scan your PC, we suggest that you follow the steps in this

article.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming

1. Windows Defender scanning PC during gaming - Similar Threads - Defender scanning during

2. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023: this bug is present again, or it was never fixed: LINKhere is some quote text, my case is CUSTOM SCAN: "I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings."To make this clear: I don't have ANY...
  3. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023: this bug is present again, or it was never fixed: LINKhere is some quote text, my case is CUSTOM SCAN: "I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings."To make this clear: I don't have ANY...
  4. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Defender crashes during full scan

Defender crashes during full scan: I've ran into this problem just recently. whenever i try to run a full scan, the defender crashes after an hour or so. quick scan and custom scan are working fine. I've run chkdsk and sfc /scannow and everything is fine, no bad sectors or errors found.device info: RAM 16GB ,...
  6. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan"

Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan": I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings." To make this clear: I don't have ANY exclusions, and as far as I'm aware, I haven't changed my network protection settings in the past....
  7. Block during Windows Defender offline Scan

Block during Windows Defender offline Scan: I ran a Windows Defenders offline scan. I received this error message for a block during the scan. What if anything should I do about this? Thank you for your time. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Windows Defender/Operational Source: Microsoft-Windows-Windows...
  8. Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?

Windows Defender Offline crashing during scan?: The following weird thing happened: I requested a Windows Defender Offline Scan. After reboot, it took a pretty long time (like several minutes) to boot up, but eventually it started scanning. But then, roughly around 93%, the scanning window suddenly disappeared and in a...
  9. Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan

Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan: I have been experiencing random shutdowns. Ran troubleshooters, but found no problems. Ran a Defender quick scan, found no problems. Before doing a full scan, I wanted to try an offline scan, but every time (6 or 7 times now) it gets maybe halfway through the offline scan...
  10. Windows Defender scans while gaming

Windows Defender scans while gaming: Hi, I've just noticed that Windows Defender performed a scan while I was gaming. My framerate suddenly dropped, so I closed the game to check out what happened. I've noticed a notification that said something like "while you were gaming...". It was from Windows Defender...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender scan running during game