Windows 10: Windows Defender Scans 26 items when selecting 2 files.

Discus and support Windows Defender Scans 26 items when selecting 2 files. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Kind Attn. Microsoft Community forum, There are only 2 files in my Download folder but when I select this folder for windows defender Custom scan it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SelvaMuthuKumarThirunavuk, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Scans 26 items when selecting 2 files.

Kind Attn. Microsoft Community forum,

There are only 2 files in my Download folder but when I select this folder for windows defender Custom scan it is reporting "scan completed on 26 items". Though there are no hidden files how it is possible? Please respond.

Thank you,

Selva

[Original Title: windows defender]

:)

SelvaMuthuKumarThirunavuk, Sep 15, 2020

2. defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Cannot schedule scans for Windows Defender

Hi Nathaniel,

As per the description, you are experiencing issue with you can’t schedule scans for Windows defender and getting error message pop ups: “The combination of properties that task is using is not compatible with the scheduling
    engine” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

There could be a possibility that this issue might have occurred if there are corruptions in Windows defender services.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check if that helps.

Method 1:

You can enable the Windows Defender either from control panel or from services.

Step 1:
    Enable Windows Defender from control panel

• Press Windows + X, Click on control panel.
    • On right top corner click on View and then choose large items.
    • Now from the list click on Windows Defender and try to enable it.
    If not try to enable it from services.

Step 2:
    Enable Windows Defender from services.msc.

• Press Windows + R, to open run prompt.
    • Type services.msc and press enter to open services list.
    • Under services look from Windows defender service and start the service and set to automatic.
    Note: If the services are already started, then click on the option that says: “Restart the service” and check if that helps.

If the issue persists, follow method 2

Method 2:

How to use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833?

Note: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. This article describes how
    to run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)to
    scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.
    If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

All the above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Scans 26 items when selecting 2 files.

Windows Defender Allowed Items

There is a fault in Windows Defender - you cannot add an Allowed Item (file or folder) unless a scan has signalled a potential issue with said item.

Windows defender can cause an application to crash if checking while the app is in process. This is true of other Anti-Virus software too - which is why the others allow the User to list trusted items by browsing to and selecting them.

Do the developers ever read the comments on this platform?

IdeasVacuum, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Scans 26 items when selecting 2 files.

1. Windows Defender Scans 26 items when selecting 2 files. - Similar Threads - Defender Scans items

2. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023: this bug is present again, or it was never fixed: LINKhere is some quote text, my case is CUSTOM SCAN: "I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings."To make this clear: I don't have ANY...
  3. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023: this bug is present again, or it was never fixed: LINKhere is some quote text, my case is CUSTOM SCAN: "I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings."To make this clear: I don't have ANY...
  4. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan", 2023

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Scanned items

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scanned items: I have scanned a three page document unto my computer where it appears a three separate pages. Can they be 'merged' to form one document please. Also, how do I change them from JPEG to Word Need help with a technical question? Need Assistance? Select this option to ask the...
  6. Scanned items

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanned items: I have scanned a three page document unto my computer where it appears a three separate pages. Can they be 'merged' to form one document please. Also, how do I change them from JPEG to Word Need help with a technical question? Need Assistance? Select this option to ask the...
  7. Defender scans only 2 files and some items were skipped

Defender scans only 2 files and some items were skipped: How to fix Defender scans only few files in quick scan or full scan and some items were skipped in Windows 11? Plan to repair install if no other solutions....
  8. Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan"

Windows Defender, "Items Skipped During Scan": I keep getting this notification after quick scans, "Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings." To make this clear: I don't have ANY exclusions, and as far as I'm aware, I haven't changed my network protection settings in the past....
  9. Windows Defender Full Scan Complete- 16 items scanned?

Windows Defender Full Scan Complete- 16 items scanned?: Tried to do a full scan after recent update. Scan completed after only scanning 16 files elapsed time 00:00:01? Only way to actually scan the PC was to choose custom and choose C drive. Is this a faulty update?[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows Defender Showing Items Skipped During Scan after each scan

Windows Defender Showing Items Skipped During Scan after each scan: Hi All Trying Windows Defender to see if I can get used to it and how it affects performance and such, but after each scan popups and says items skipped during scan, my exclusions for Secondlife game, which is required to have it run properly. Should I just ignore...