Windows 10: Windows Defender scans network devices

Discus and support Windows Defender scans network devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a share on my NAS attached as drive N: I have an exclusion defined in Windows defender for folder N:\ I have deactivated scan of network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wkn000, Dec 11, 2020.

1. /u/wkn000 Win User

Windows Defender scans network devices

I have a share on my NAS attached as drive N:

I have an exclusion defined in Windows defender for folder N:\

I have deactivated scan of network devices by GPO

Although of these settings, Windows Defender (On-Access) scans the device. Why?

submitted by /u/wkn000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wkn000, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender scans network devices

1. Windows Defender scans network devices - Similar Threads - Defender scans network

2. Windows Defending scanning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defending scanning: When it comes to scanning results and scan options, they don't exactly match with what actually has been done.For example, I was scanning a map share last night on my was from Windows 10 over wi-fi connection, the scan took all night, and since it was over map share it was a...
  3. Windows Defender Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Scan: Other than disconnecting, is there a way of excluding an external drive from a Defender full scan? It keeps telling me I have a trojan in one of my x-drives but I don't and I've done a scan with my Kaspersky anti-virus program and it's clean. Thanks....
  4. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  5. Windows defender offline scan not scanning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender offline scan not scanning: Whenever I start the defender's offline scan, it will restart my computer then show the blue screen displaying windows offline scan but after this nothing will happen and it will restart again. It will not show any progress of scan. I tried to do it in safe mode but in that...
  6. windows defender scan?

windows defender scan?: hello everyone I am trying to scan but the scan does not start and does not scan[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-scan/d932227a-f161-4867-a89c-b559d1441f0e
  7. Windows Defender - fails to scan network drives

Windows Defender - fails to scan network drives: I have regularly used Windows Defender to scan drives mapped from my network, using Custom scans. All of a sudden it won't do that any more: it accepts the instruction, but immediately returns saying it has scanned 0 files, found 0 problems, and taken 1 second. I have...
  8. windows defender is not scanning

windows defender is not scanning: that shows a notification that group or resource is not in state https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-is-not-scanning/e77931e3-9d2d-402b-9172-11787928475d
  9. windows defender scan

windows defender scan: since 1803 update defender only lets me do quick scan, if I click on advanced defender closes 110807
  10. Windows Defender suddenly started scanning network shares

Windows Defender suddenly started scanning network shares: Hello, Lately I noticed a lot of CPU and network activity after 7PM-ish while connected to the company VPN. Task Manager tells me that the top two CPU and network users are Antimalware Service Executable and the VPN daemon. Apparently it's scanning the mapped network...