Windows 10: Windows Defender Scans

Discus and support Windows Defender Scans in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; According to the Event Viewer, a Windows Defender Scan is listed it as "Scan Type: Antimalware." Does that include all threats? When I do a manual... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitpzyxmsir, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Scans

According to the Event Viewer, a Windows Defender Scan is listed it as "Scan Type: Antimalware." Does that include all threats?

When I do a manual scan, and then go to see the results, the results aren't there and the Scan history usually only lists an automatic scan done at a previous time, and I have to go tot he event viewer to see it. Is there a tool that will allow me to easily view only scans?

Also, is a quick scan sufficient? What does a scan of the OS drive do that is different that the quick scan?

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Feb 18, 2018
  2. Smorboll Win User

How do I locate and delete spyware from my iPhone 5s and my HP Pavilion laptop.

You can run a scan with Windows Defender. If that fails to find anything on your laptop, you can also try a Windows Defender offline scan.

Windows Defender Full Scan

• Press Windows Key and type Windows Defender.
    • Choose Full Scan and select Scan Now.

Windows Defender Offline Scan

• In Windows Defender, choose Offline Scan.
    For your iPhone, it is unlikely it was infected with malware. If it was, you can always reset your phone. AV programs do not exist for iPhone.

Smorboll, Feb 18, 2018
  3. Windows Defender: Can I stop the DAILY requests to scan?

Windows Defender will regularly scan your computer in order to help keep it safe. However, you can schedule Windows Defender to scan at a time and frequency that you choose.

You may want to read the comments by GreginMich in this
    topic
    in regards to Automatic Maintenance, Scheduled Scan and Limited Periodic Scanning.

Tip:
    How to Add Windows Defender scanning or offine scan to the context menu in Windows 10

quietman7 - MVP, Feb 18, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Scans

Yes. Malware includes all threats.

Evaluation criteria for malware and unwanted software - Windows Defender Security Intelligence
    Windows Defender Antivirus and Microsoft antimalware FAQ - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

TairikuOkami, Feb 19, 2018
  5. ok, so it appears that in the absence of a reported abnormal finding, you can be comfortable with the quick scan quick scan. I looked at he event viewer and didnt realize how active windows defender was.

Thanks.

kitpzyxmsir, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Scans

1. Windows Defender Scans - Similar Threads - Defender Scans

2. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  3. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it: Windows Defender requested me to send in a file from my SystemTemp folder, this file was named chrome_url_fetcher{random string of characters}.crx3 and I sent the file in to get scanned. But after sending in the file my internet restarted due to router settings, and I checked...
  4. Windows Defender Requested a file to scan but didnt scan it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  6. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history: I have been getting some new games and every time I need to give it access since window defender just annoying blocks everything, it would pop up in the right corner notification tab, but when I do click on it, the window defender history would appear for a moment and then...
  7. Don't have ability to delete window defender scan history

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7
  9. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?: Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-one-see-the-result-of-scanning-with/8c7d8679-58ba-4368-bc31-71fcb6298fb7
  10. Where can one see the result of scanning with Microsoft Defender for offline mode?