Windows 10: Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

Discus and support Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DoorLord, Feb 17, 2021.

1. DoorLord Win User

Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file.

:)

DoorLord, Feb 17, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

defender scans

Hi Ian,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue might occur if you have set any task scheduler for Windows Defender.

I suggest you to delete the task for Windows defender and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select
      Microsoft >Windows >Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel, then select Delete.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Tenforo, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Schedule regular scans with Windows Defender in Windows 10

Ok, Thank you, that was helpful.

I found Windows Defender on that list thank to your instructions. However, I am at a dead end again.

• Search and open Schedule tasks.

• In the left-hand menu, open the Task Scheduler Library, then select Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender.

• Double-click Windows Defender Scheduled Scan.

• Select the Triggers panel and then select New.

• Now choose when you want to scan and how frequently. Select OK to add the trigger.

I see Windows Defender on the list on the left hand side. However I see no "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" to double click on.

(If I do double click on just "Windows Defender", I see the various tabs, and if I Hit "Triggers" there is no "NEW". So it can't be just plain "Windows Defender". And as I said, I see no "Windows Defender Scheduled Scan" unless I'm blind.

I appreciate any further help.

Tenforo, Feb 17, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Tenforo, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help - Similar Threads - Defender Schedule Scan

2. Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Schedule Scan Help: For whatever reason I do not have Windows Defender Schedule scan and need to restore it. Can someone please tell me how to restore it? I currently have Windows 10 and I'm having trouble trying to locate the Window Defender Schedule Scan .xml file. 174473
  3. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  4. Schedule Defender Scans

Schedule Defender Scans: No issue running at demand quick scans via Settings >Windows security>virus and threats >select quick scan . OK. Went to Task scheduler > windows defender to sequence a daily scheduled scan as per Brinks Tutorial and found this . [img] Proceeded to insert new scheduled...
  5. how to schedule windows defender scan

how to schedule windows defender scan: How can I schedule a windows defender scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-schedule-windows-defender-scan/1751ff45-23df-4e9e-ba79-2a46a16b7abd
  6. Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus

Schedule a scan in Windows Defender Antivirus: Good evening,I came to the Microsoft Community because I was asking for a request and to help me schedule the offline, customized and complete Windows Defender antivirus scan.I'm waiting for this message!Thank you!A good day!...
  7. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  8. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  9. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  10. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...