Windows 10: windows defender scheduler taks not running in windows update 2004?

Discus and support windows defender scheduler taks not running in windows update 2004? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; well I asked in welcome form nobody saying anything yet so I guess this is form where I talk i have last few days chatted with Microsoft agent not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by y2jman, Jun 21, 2020.

1. y2jman Win User

windows defender scheduler taks not running in windows update 2004?

well I asked in welcome form nobody saying anything yet so I guess this is form where I talk

i have last few days chatted with Microsoft agent not sure what to do maybe they will run today or not

I need help maybe somebody can share if they are having same issue or not my concern about windows defender task scheduler 1st 3 task: windows defender maintenance windows defender cleanup windows defender scheduler scan not ran since I updated tues from 1909 to 2004 the verification scan ran thurs but the other 3 still saying 11/30/99 this task has not ran a scan yet

freakin out i had try to restart computer yesterday left computer idle thinking still will start to scan haven't i was told in

chat last night they will run sometime today

every time i go into a new windows update all 4 task gets reset then verification runs 1 day then i think the next day or so the other 3 tasks runs also whenever i restart computer if they 1 day reset itself or not working i restart and they eventually run so again not sure bug within windows 2004 that is making not run i do recall after i install windows 2004 on blue screen there was few boxes like location for an example to checkmark and i didn't checkmark any boxes i just hit continue or skip this part then i log in

the last scan windows defender scan was 14th when I was still on 1909 btw unless I do a manual scan i'm sure I might get that yellow triangle error in windows defender saying this hasn't scan like I did in the past

can somebody please look in their windows defender task scheduler and tell me if the 3 other task has ran or not since going into 2004

perhaps i should had checkmark 1 of boxes or if i need to roll back to 1909 since were working

:)

y2jman, Jun 21, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jun 21, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Jun 21, 2020
  4. P4-630 Win User

Task to auto update windows defender definitions disappears

My mom has a new laptop with windows 8.1, we always set the windows updates to manual.
    On our other windows 8.1 computers I have created a task for auto updating windows defender definitions, which works fine for us.

This is how I created this task:

"Click on "Create Task", name it what you like (mine is Daily Signature Update), set the trigger as the time you want it to run every day.

For Action browse to Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe and select it. In "Add arguments" add -SignatureUpdate -MMPC"

But somehow this task disappears once it has run on my mom's laptop.
    I'm logged in as admin and then I also tried it with running the task scheduler as admin, the task just disappears every day for some reason, while it works fine on our other windows 8.1 computers.

Anyone an idea why this task disappears every time?

Thanks.

P4-630, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

1. windows defender scheduler taks not running in windows update 2004? - Similar Threads - defender scheduler taks

2. Windows Defender Scan Schedule

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scan Schedule: TWO QUESTIONS here... 1 Why is there absolutely no information in the "Task Scheduler" pertaining to exactly WHEN and HOW OFTEN the default/automated Windows Defender scans are run? 2 Yes, there are "Triggers" available to customize scan schedule. But does this cause the...
  3. Scheduling Windows Defender scans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scheduling Windows Defender scans: I'm not understanding how/if Windows Defender anti-virus, etc. scans operate. Does the User need to manually start a scan, from the various Scan types available in settings ? It's unclear. Can't find anywhere to examine previous Defender scans ....to see what was...
  4. Schedule Windows Defender Scan

Schedule Windows Defender Scan: Can I schedule a virus scan to run at regular times? [Original Title: Windows defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/schedule-windows-defender-scan/eab2c9ea-4138-4a76-80d1-e0afa89c8f10
  5. Windows Task Scheduler not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Scheduler not running: Hello, i am trying to install Nvidia Geforce experience but it says Windows Task Scheduler not running, so i cant install it. i even went to services.msc and tried to start but i get error message that it "started and stopped suddenly."Some services may stop if they are...
  6. Windows Defender Scheduled Scan

Windows Defender Scheduled Scan: How do I get Windows Defender Scheduled Scan back in Task Scheduler? I go: Schedule tasks > Task Scheduler Library > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender. I had been messing around with the scheduler trying to make it work properly. Unfortunately, in the process I...
  7. Windows Defender Scan Schedule?

Windows Defender Scan Schedule?: Don't know if this is just me or not, but: For the last month or so WD regularly hits me with the Yellow Warning Triangle to SCAN NOW. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes days between these events. I don't know enough to be able to find the date/time of it's last scan. Not...
  8. Scheduled Defender Scan Does Not Run

Scheduled Defender Scan Does Not Run: Quite a while ago I created a Scheduled Task to run a daily manual Defender Quick Scan. It worked fine until the recent Creator's Update/Defender Update (not sure which messed it). I know some things changed with Defender and its path but I can't figure out what to change...
  9. Defender Scheduled Tasks Not Running Since Creators Update

Defender Scheduled Tasks Not Running Since Creators Update: Like the title says. The top task I manually ran and then stopped it. I do get a quick scan to run based on a separate task. Other computers not updated to Creators all run these tasks daily as this one did prior to the update. They are listed as running in services. 86230
  10. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.: I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled times but just does nothing. Guides I followed: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update...dates-disabled Manage data usage...