Windows 10: Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up while connected to a VPN

Discus and support Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up while connected to a VPN in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem. The Windows Defender Security Center window keeps popping every 30 seconds or so. It shows no problems that need addressing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Liorusii, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Liorusii Win User

Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up while connected to a VPN

Hello,

I have a problem. The Windows Defender Security Center window keeps popping every 30 seconds or so. It shows no problems that need addressing. All options are green. It won't stop and I can't work... please assist. A screenshot s attached.

:)

Liorusii, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Sep 5, 2018
  3. How to set up a VPN in Windows 7 HELP!!

Following are the steps for configuring Incoming VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Change adapter settings.
    Press Alt+F and select New Incoming connection
    Put a check on who you’d like to give access to this computer or you can configure a new account by clicking on Add someone,after that click on Next.
    Put a check mark on Through the Internet. Click on Next.
    Select the protocols you want to enable for this connection. Click on Allow access.
    Make a note of the Computer name as this will be used by the client to connect to this computer and after that Click on Close.

Following are the steps for configuring Outgoing VPN Connection in Windows 7

First go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center.
    Click on Set up a new connection or network.
    Select Connect to a workplace then click on Next.
    Select Use my internet connection (VPN).
    Type the IP address or computer name where you wish to connect and your connection name under the Destination name field.
    Enter a User name and password that has been granted access to the host computer.
    For getting connected through created VPN connection, you can either right-click on the Network icon in the system tray and select Network and Sharing Center or go to Control Panel and open Network and Sharing Center, and click on Connect to a network.
    Now connect VPN Connection windows will appears.

brandonwh64, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up while connected to a VPN

Windows Defender Security Center

I keep getting a pop-up from Windows Defender Security Center that my "device is being protected." I cannot get rid of it. Can you help? Thank you.

MichelleRutherford1, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up while connected to a VPN

1. Windows Defender Security Center keeps popping up while connected to a VPN - Similar Threads - Defender Security Center

2. Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning: I received a Windows defender security center warning that states my computer has been locked up due to my IP address being used without my knowledge. The audio message says to call 217-282-5011. I presume this is a scam. How do I get rid of this box that popped up and...
  3. Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Security Center Pop UP Warning: I received a Windows defender security center warning that states my computer has been locked up due to my IP address being used without my knowledge. The audio message says to call 217-282-5011. I presume this is a scam. How do I get rid of this box that popped up and...
  4. Security defender not popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security defender not popping up: My security is not popping when clicking on it. Nothing happen. I checked if someone in the household download and install other security programs but there is none....
  5. Security defender not popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security defender not popping up: My security is not popping when clicking on it. Nothing happen. I checked if someone in the household download and install other security programs but there is none....
  6. Security defender not popping up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: My Windows Defender Security Center is not working. There are no options like virus & threat protection and others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-center/2f1968ec-0098-4aae-b4c5-ef25f94f5cc6"
  8. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Hi, Every time I connect to VPN(Client Network) from My personal laptop I get windows defender security center popup- Its shows all as green but yet it continuously pop up. I can not type a mail or do anything else. It happens only when VPN connection is done. I tried to...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I keep getting notification that threats has been found, "Windows anti virus protection found threats. Get details. When I click on the message or manual open the defender center I get the message there are no current threats and the center is locked up. I have rebooted...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender security center keeps popping up