Windows 10: Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus)

Discus and support Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey guys! Last night i downloaded a file that it supposed to be a hack for a game(i'm not that foul to accept that files when windows security warned... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeorgeCîmpanu, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus)

Hey guys! Last night i downloaded a file that it supposed to be a hack for a game(i'm not that foul to accept that files when windows security warned me but i thought it wasn't a virus and i thought it was a real hack) and the antivirus warned me but i turned off all the windows defender security(threats settings) and after i opened the file,it started all the troubles.First,i had a problem with the internet(it was moving very slow and the only sites that worked was fb,yt or official sites like this,others not) When i opened that file,an empty cmd box opened and then i had some weird errors and my pc gone insane.After that,i restarted the Windows(not the PC),keeping my old files and now it's working well but I still have lag on some games that supposed to not have,affects my broswer like..flash or other weird things and sometimes appears me weird errors about not accepting or open files from virus(i think).Now i can navigate on every site i want but still have problems on some apps,i'm sure i still have that virus in my pc and i want to remove it.
    To not stretch,the real problem is that i can't turn on back the antivirus security(threat protection settings)
    I have a 64-bytes Compaq and Windows 10 Pro.
    Sorry if i did wrong with some english words..please help me!

Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus) 7038d8d2-b735-4dca-9e6e-aa89610048b6?upload=true.png

:)

GeorgeCîmpanu, Oct 7, 2018
  2. james_27G Win User

Windows defender security center problem

When I try to start the windows defender security center the antimalware service executable starts up and uses up to 98% CPU. I have tried to change proxy restart defender and many suggested steps and also went to windows deffender online to do a scan
    that way but no malware came up. The problem still persists. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? I just want my security to run properly but I cant even get to the menus.

james_27G, Oct 7, 2018
  3. Jhawk55 Win User
    Having problem with Windows Defender Security Center

Thanks guys for replying...

@Bree, I have tried the suggestions in your links but problem is still there. I do not have other 3rd party Anti-virus. I do have Malwarebytes Pro which has being using with WD for many years without any issues.
    @Caledon Ken, I have tried the in-place repair install but it did not solve the problem. It actually creates more issues for me that's why I restore back using backup image.

How I wish they have a reset command using Powershell or CMD just like Microsoft Edge...

Jhawk55, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus)

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus)

1. Windows Defender Security Center problem(possible trojan,virus) - Similar Threads - Defender Security Center

2. Computer Locked because Windows Defender Security Center found Trojan?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Locked because Windows Defender Security Center found Trojan?: I've never seen this before. I opened a website about gardening and immediately I received the message in screenshot #1. I called the number on the screen just in case it was real and the person who answered gave me what is shown in screenshot #2. Then we got disconnected. Do...
  3. Computer Locked because Windows Defender Security Center found Trojan?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Locked because Windows Defender Security Center found Trojan?: I've never seen this before. I opened a website about gardening and immediately I received the message in screenshot #1. I called the number on the screen just in case it was real and the person who answered gave me what is shown in screenshot #2. Then we got disconnected. Do...
  4. Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender removed a Trojan virus, is there a possibility that the Trojan virus still...: I recently got a Trojan virus from a website I clicked accidentally. Then a windows defender notification popped up, so I removed the Trojan virus that was in form of a cache. Will there a possibility of the Trojan virus still being there? I scanned windows defender multiple...
  5. Windows defender trojan virus..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows defender trojan virus..: I kind of accidently installed a virus called Trojan Splitgate which thankfully windows defender recognises and stops but it must have a way to keep itself running because defender stops it every 10 mins. Is there any way to figure out the source of the virus like using...
  6. Possible Trojan Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Possible Trojan Virus: I run Windows 10 Home on my Lap Top. In Windows Settings/Windows Security/Virus & Threat Protection/Protection History under "All recent items" it shows “Remediation incomplete” and status as "severe" in respect of a Trojan virus. Originally when I received the virus alert,...
  7. Problem with windows security center(Defender) and updates

Problem with windows security center(Defender) and updates: Hi! About a two weeks ago windows defender disappeared and also windows updates didnt work anymore. (0x80080005) Windows was new and clean. It turned out that the services are lost. I made new clean install and now after week or two i have the same problem. Windows...
  8. Problem with Windows Defender Security Center

Problem with Windows Defender Security Center: Split from this thread. this problem my windows defender [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/problem-with-windows-defender-security-center/c7e395eb-bc8b-40b0-bd52-de17826f6d01
  9. having problem with windows defender security center

having problem with windows defender security center: Hi i am getting some issue with windows defender security center. i am using kaspersky antivirus. when i open windows defender security center and in firewall and network option i am getting red X. and under that it saying "action needed in kaspersky antivirus". i don't know...
  10. Having problem with Windows Defender Security Center

Having problem with Windows Defender Security Center: Hi guys, I am having a strange problem with Windows Defender Security Center in Windows 10 1709 (Build 16299.98). When I click on "Home" or "App & Browser control" WDSC will closes itself. No problem when click on "Virus & Threat Protection", "Device Performance & Health" &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trojan virus modify Win Defender Security Center

2. windows defender not working trojan