Windows 10: Windows Defender Security Center Question

Discus and support Windows Defender Security Center Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a question regarding the Windows Defender Security Center icon which appears when you click on the arrow on the task bar. It has an exclamation... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Newfan, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Newfan Win User

Windows Defender Security Center Question

I have a question regarding the Windows Defender Security Center icon which appears when you click on the arrow on the task bar. It has an exclamation point and when I highlight the icon it states 'actions recommended' but when IO open the Windows Defender Security Center everything looks OK. I have Norton Internet Security installed on my PC.

What can I do to fix it or is there anything wrong?

Thanks

:)

Newfan, Jun 3, 2017
  2. Lapski Win User
    Windows Defender Security Center Manual Scanning Controls (Application) Location

Laptop computer operating system is Windows 10 Home. It has just been updated to Version: 1703.

This update removed the original Windows 10 Defender interface and installed a new "Windows Defender Security Center."
    On my computer, the Windows Defender Security Center provides 5 applications, but neither of these contains the means for performing (invoking) a Windows 10 Defender manual Full, Quick, and Custom scans.

[Note: "Kaspersky Total Security" software program installed.]

Question:

Via the new Windows Defender Security Center, how does one perform a manual full scan against the complete computer -- Where is the manual scanning application located within the new Windows 10 Defender software?

Thank you for the help and assistance -- Much appreciated.

Lapski, Jun 3, 2017
  3. pepanee Win User

Does your Windows Defender screen look like this? Or is there something that looks different for you?

Windows Defender Security Center Question [​IMG]

pepanee, Jun 3, 2017
  4. Newfan Win User
    Yes it does. I have since rebooted and the Windows Defender Security Center icon has now returned to normal (i.e. with a green tick). Thanks for the reply.

Newfan, Jun 3, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    You're welcome

pepanee, Jun 3, 2017
  6. Newfan Win User
    The exclamation mark on the Windows Defender Security Center icon has returned (even if I reboot) and if I open the Windows Defender Security Center everything has a green tick so it looks like nothing is wrong. Is there somewhere else I have to look at?

Newfan, Jun 4, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User

Go to Windows Defender
    Press Virus & threat protection
    Press Scan history (is anything in there that was removed recently?)
    Go back
    Press Advanced scan
    Do a full system scan
    (Hopefully the thing disappears..)

Maybe also after this, do the Windows Defender Offline scan

pepanee, Jun 4, 2017
  8. Newfan Win User
    There are no threats found - I have Norton Internet Security installed on my PC so should I run a full scan with that?

Newfan, Jun 4, 2017
  9. pepanee Win User
    Yes do that. Maybe Windows Defender is missing verification that Norton has ever done a thorough system scan.

pepanee, Jun 4, 2017
  10. Newfan Win User
    I have run a full scan of Norton Internet Security but nothing has changed with Windows Defender Security icon. I will see what happens when I shut down and restart later today. The scan found nothing (no threats).

Newfan, Jun 5, 2017
  11. Newfan Win User
    I think I have answered my own problem as somehow in Windows Defender Security Center I had periodic scanning turned on even thought I have Norton Internet Security installed on my PC. Once I turned periodic scanning off the green tick returned to the Windows Defender Security Center icon. Thanks for your help.

Newfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Security Center Question - Similar Threads - Defender Security Center

2. Windows Defender Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Center: My Windows Defender Security Center is not working. There are no options like virus & threat protection and others. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-center/2f1968ec-0098-4aae-b4c5-ef25f94f5cc6"
  3. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Hi, Every time I connect to VPN(Client Network) from My personal laptop I get windows defender security center popup- Its shows all as green but yet it continuously pop up. I can not type a mail or do anything else. It happens only when VPN connection is done. I tried to...
  4. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I have a problem with access to Windows Defender settings. I am not able to turn application and file checking on. It says that in order to change the setting I have to be an administrator but I am already an administrator. I am sorry for this being written in Croatian. I...
  5. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: I keep getting notification that threats has been found, "Windows anti virus protection found threats. Get details. When I click on the message or manual open the defender center I get the message there are no current threats and the center is locked up. I have rebooted...
  6. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: The taskbar Show Hidden Icons shows the Windows Defender Security Center icon with a yellow exclamation symbol and says Actions recommended. But when I launch the tool everything shows green. What action is recommended? How do I fix this? I am using Windows 10 Home 64-bit....
  7. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Under Virus & Threat protection I click on learn more and it then goes to sign in. When I try to sign it tell me This doesn't look like a work or school email. You can't sign in here with a personal account. Use your work or school account instead This is a personal...
  8. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
  9. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: Since the Fall update 1709 the Windows Defender Security starts up NOT longer minimised but windowed. I don't see how I can change this so that Defender starts up minimized as it used to. Windows Defender start up through the register entry: Registry -> User Run...
  10. Windows Defender Security Center

Windows Defender Security Center: When booting my Window 10 (Home Edition) the "Windows Defender Security Center" program starts no longer minimized as it used to be. I don't know what caused this or what can I do about this. I know this isn't a big deal but it some could help me remedy this I would be most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is security center yellow when nothing is wrong

2. work or school account windows defender

3. windows security center says actions recommended but nothing is wrong