Windows 10: Windows Defender Security Center -STANDARD HARDWARE SECURITY

Discus and support Windows Defender Security Center -STANDARD HARDWARE SECURITY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I had a "you've got 4 viruses, do nothing, call or contact, do nothing else etc., etc., etc.," (God, I love Windows EDGE) Immediately shut PC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RICKCOE, Jul 21, 2018.

1. RICKCOE Win User

Windows Defender Security Center -STANDARD HARDWARE SECURITY

So I had a "you've got 4 viruses, do nothing, call or contact, do nothing else etc., etc., etc.," (God, I love Windows EDGE)

Immediately shut PC down, waited @ 10 minutes, turned on -Ran Windows Defender Scans, including Offline Scan-ran Malwarebytes Premium, ran Adcleaner, even downloaded and ran HitPro 64. EVERYTHING CAME BACK NEGATIVE.

Somehow I ended up in the WDSCenter and along with the other stuff was this. (There are "3" hardware security options-this is #3.)

"Standard hardware security not supported" This means that your device does not meet at least one of the requirements of standard hardware security.

So I called my friends at Microsoft who advised me of their $$$$$$$$ service plans. ) Now I may have just not seen this notification before, and that is the way it's supposed to be?????????????) All I wanted to know was how something got into my PC, and after running everything; DO I HAVE A PROBLEM?? The "FREE" solution I was given was to do a system restore, which did not complete because of a OneDrive File...…………………………………..NO CHANGES WERE MADE...………………………..

So I figured I'd give this a shot and see what I get. PLEASE PROVIDE INFO FOR NON-IT GENIUSES LIKE ME!!!!!!!!!

After the last disaster - and I mean disaster - with the latest Windows 10 UPGRADE & EDGE ISSUE - It is unlikely I will send them more than $0.00.

My sanity is in your hands. Thank You, Rick.

:)

RICKCOE, Jul 21, 2018
  2. xd1986k Win User

Register Windows Defender Security Center

Hello.
    I can not launch Windows Defender Security Center in my current user account (I can launch it in others). Upon trying to launch it from shortcut I get the message "Package could not be registered". I've tried the standard register all apps and an In-place Upgrade with no results.
    Any suggestions?

xd1986k, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jul 21, 2018
  4. james_27G Win User

Windows defender security center problem

When I try to start the windows defender security center the antimalware service executable starts up and uses up to 98% CPU. I have tried to change proxy restart defender and many suggested steps and also went to windows deffender online to do a scan
    that way but no malware came up. The problem still persists. Does anyone know what to do in this situation? I just want my security to run properly but I cant even get to the menus.

james_27G, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Security Center -STANDARD HARDWARE SECURITY - Similar Threads - Defender Security Center

2. Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported": Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1344, latest update: KB5022913.I recently reset my Windows 11 install due to an unrelated issue, but since trying to set everything back up on this new install, I have noticed that I am unable to configure hardware related security in Windows...
  3. Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security: "Standard hardware security not supported": Windows 11 22H2 build 22621.1344, latest update: KB5022913.I recently reset my Windows 11 install due to an unrelated issue, but since trying to set everything back up on this new install, I have noticed that I am unable to configure hardware related security in Windows...
  4. Device security : Standard hardware security not supported

Device security : Standard hardware security not supported: Hi there. My Windows Security keeps telling me that these is an issue. I need some help, I tried everything, really.I can't dismiss, and when I click on "go to settings" it gives me this :I then checked device security tab :So here comes the troubleshooting basics :- sfc...
  5. Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported: Hello, so i reinstalled windows 11 recently and i have a notification in my Windows Security, i clicked on it to see what's wrong and it take me to Device Security section. In Device Security i have this text: Standard Hardware Security Not Supported. Your device does not...
  6. Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported

Device Security - Standard Hardware Security Not Supported: Hello, so i reinstalled windows 11 recently and i have a notification in my Windows Security, i clicked on it to see what's wrong and it take me to Device Security section. In Device Security i have this text: Standard Hardware Security Not Supported. Your device does not...
  7. standard hardware security not supported in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    standard hardware security not supported in Microsoft Defender: How do I fix, standard hardware security not supported in Microsoft Defender when I went to device security of Defender? I had it before, but when I went to Defender now, it shows the message. I have TPM, etc. There is possibly a bug as stated here:...
  8. standard hardware security not supported in Microsoft Defender

standard hardware security not supported in Microsoft Defender: How do I fix, standard hardware security not supported in Microsoft Defender when I went to device security of Defender? I had it before, but when I went to Defender now, it shows the message. I have TPM, etc. There is possibly a bug as stated here:...
  9. Security standard hardware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security standard hardware: In checking my security programs I received a message under Standard Security is not supported. I have tried to do everything I could but I got no positive results. Is my PC in danger of raids? I use Microsoft 10....
  10. Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported

Device Security - Standard hardware security not supported: Hi there, I recently replaced my Motherboard, CPU and Ram and now have Windows Defender Security Centre tell me that Standard hardware security not supported. Why is this and what can one do to change this status? Regards, E...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. standard hardware security

2. standard hardware security not supported

3. what does it mean when windows says standard hardware security not supported?

4. standard hardware not supported,
  5. how to get standard hardware security for my computer,
  6. windows defender help: standard hardware security not supported,
  7. windows defender shows standard hardware security not supported,
  8. windows standard hardware security,
  9. turn on standard hardware secuirty,
  10. what is the issue with standard hardware security in defender,
  11. how to remove error Standard Hardware security not supported,
  12. standard hardware security not supported windows defender windows 10,
  13. Microsoft standard hardware security,
  14. standard hardware security not supported