Windows 10: Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update

Discus and support Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed Windows Defender Security Centre taking a while to get information after boot up since 1803? 111073 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by templar, May 26, 2018.

1. templar Win User

Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update

Has anyone else noticed Windows Defender Security Centre taking a while to get information after boot up since 1803?

:)

templar, May 26, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows security centre

Windows Defender is possibly turned off by Comodo which is sometimes difficult to remove!

Try
    https://support.comodo.com/index.php?/Default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/143/9/

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

Have you tried the steps recommended in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG, McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a restart?

For further information see the reply of quietman7 in
    this thread: Windows Defender.

If necessary you may need to try a System Restore but before doing so suggest you carefully review https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Regards…

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them.

Le Boule, May 29, 2018
  3. Windows security centre

Hello sir. I have a windows 10 pc. Some days ago a virus was detected in my pc. However defender had removed the virus. I also scanned pc with ADW cleaner and malware was removed. But since then when i start the pc a message pops. It shows 'windows security
    centre service has turned off. Tap here to start'. But when I click it a error pops. It shows' Windows security centre service can't be started'. I have scanned my pc with defender, comodo security but no malware was found. I also used'sfc /scannow in cmd
    but nothing found. Please help.

Gorakh Nath Sharma, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update

1. Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update - Similar Threads - Defender Security Centre

2. Windows Defender Security Centre

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Centre: My Windows Defender Security Centre won;t open I don't know why. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-centre/134faf70-c8a5-4f08-81a7-ec7ad033f8ff"
  3. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: This is now the 3rd time that I have been unable to update Windows Security!! I get a message saying YOUR VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECCTION IS MANAGED BY YOUR ORGANISATION. Please help as this is becoming really annoying....
  4. Windows Defender Security Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Centre: I need help because i am unable to open the Windows Defender Security Centre and check if my device has any virus' or breaches in the system.When i click on the Windows Defender Security Centre button in settings it does not load up and presents my mouse with the loading...
  5. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: I find that when I select the options in the Security centre for a regular anti-virus scan the scan will take place no problem. However, next morning I find that I have to re-select it again. How do I get the selection to stay on so that scans happen every day?...
  6. Windows Defender Security Centre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Defender Security Centre: Hi All, I apologise if I have put this question in the wrong place. When I clicked on the Windows Defender Security Centre I saw that there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark against DEVICE PERFORMANCE AND HEALTH underneath it says the following...
  7. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: My Windows Defender Security Centre is telling me 'Actions Required', yet when I open up it does not tell me what action is required and everything is up to date and safe?...
  8. Windows Defender Security Centre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Defender Security Centre: Hi All, I apologise if I have put this question in the wrong place. When I clicked on the Windows Defender Security Centre I saw that there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark against DEVICE PERFORMANCE AND HEALTH underneath it says the following...
  9. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: My Windows Defender Security Centre is telling me 'Actions Required', yet when I open up it does not tell me what action is required and everything is up to date and safe?...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: Hi, I am using Win 10. Up to recently all was great. Now 2 issues have arisen, see attached which I took this evening. Unfortunately I am not I.T. literate so I don't understand what's going on. Please help. Thank you, Ben...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows security center getting protection info

2. windows defender security center slow

3. Has anyone else noticed Windows Defender Security Centre taking a while to get information after boot up since 1803?

4. windows defender yellow triangle after update to 1803,
  5. windows defender slow in getting protection info