Windows 10: Windows Defender Security Centre

Discus and support Windows Defender Security Centre in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I find that when I select the options in the Security centre for a regular anti-virus scan the scan will take place no problem. However, next morning I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by StevenRS, Dec 16, 2018.

1. StevenRS Win User

Windows Defender Security Centre

I find that when I select the options in the Security centre for a regular anti-virus scan the scan will take place no problem. However, next morning I find that I have to re-select it again. How do I get the selection to stay on so that scans happen every day?

:)

StevenRS, Dec 16, 2018

2. Windows Defender Security Centre Error

Searched the whole c drive nothing available

Windows Defender Security Centre [​IMG]

Sorry Cliff misread that tried both available drivers no difference Im afraid. Saying that device manager says it is installed correctly

Back to this though this reboot

xxxdannyxxx, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Windows Defender Security Centre Error

Hi

Is anyone else getting this after the latest update. No matter what I do I can't clear it and if Im honest I do not even know what it means. I had the same error after the upgrade but this is a clean install and its back again.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

xxxdannyxxx, Dec 16, 2018
  4. DenOGun Win User

Windows Defender Security Centre crashes on opening

Every time I try to open Windows Defender Security Centre, the window opens and closes immediately. There is no error logged in the event logs.

The old Windows Defender interface - MSASCui.exe opens just fine; the problem lies with MSASCuiL.exe which crashes instantly after opening.

I do not have any other antivirus software installed, nor have I ever. Scans with Microsoft Safety Scanner and MSASCui.exe do not find any malware.

Steps tried

1. All the steps listed here on the troubleshooting article.

2. sfc /scannow reveals no problems

3. dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth completes successfully but to no avail

4. Clean boot performed

5. In-place install performed

6. Attempted to open in safe mode

None of the steps above seem to work.

I am using a desktop I built myself, running windows 10 v1703 build 15063.632. The Defender Security Centre has worked in the past but for some strange reason has not for the past week, or so I noticed.

Please do assist - a clean fresh install is however not an acceptable solution as this is a critical work computer.

DenOGun, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Security Centre - Similar Threads - Defender Security Centre

2. Windows Defender Security Centre will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security Centre will not open: Windows Defender Security Centre will not open.In the Task Bar the little shield with a green tick is present. Double clicking does nothing. Right clicking brings up a menu but selecting an option does nothing.Opening 'Windows Security' from the 'Settings' page opens up a...
  3. Windows Defender Security Centre

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Security Centre: My Windows Defender Security Centre won;t open I don't know why. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-centre/134faf70-c8a5-4f08-81a7-ec7ad033f8ff"
  4. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: This is now the 3rd time that I have been unable to update Windows Security!! I get a message saying YOUR VIRUS AND THREAT PROTECCTION IS MANAGED BY YOUR ORGANISATION. Please help as this is becoming really annoying....
  5. Windows Defender Security Centre

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender Security Centre: I need help because i am unable to open the Windows Defender Security Centre and check if my device has any virus' or breaches in the system.When i click on the Windows Defender Security Centre button in settings it does not load up and presents my mouse with the loading...
  6. Windows Defender Security Centre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Defender Security Centre: Hi All, I apologise if I have put this question in the wrong place. When I clicked on the Windows Defender Security Centre I saw that there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark against DEVICE PERFORMANCE AND HEALTH underneath it says the following...
  7. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: My Windows Defender Security Centre is telling me 'Actions Required', yet when I open up it does not tell me what action is required and everything is up to date and safe?...
  8. Windows Defender Security Centre

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Defender Security Centre: Hi All, I apologise if I have put this question in the wrong place. When I clicked on the Windows Defender Security Centre I saw that there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark against DEVICE PERFORMANCE AND HEALTH underneath it says the following...
  9. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: My Windows Defender Security Centre is telling me 'Actions Required', yet when I open up it does not tell me what action is required and everything is up to date and safe?...
  10. Windows Defender Security Centre

Windows Defender Security Centre: Hi, I am using Win 10. Up to recently all was great. Now 2 issues have arisen, see attached which I took this evening. Unfortunately I am not I.T. literate so I don't understand what's going on. Please help. Thank you, Ben...