Windows 10: Windows Defender / Security June 2019

Discus and support Windows Defender / Security June 2019 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it true that the inbuilt Windows Security is all you need now . I know it has Folder Protection but if you look through the help request in this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedbil100, Jun 5, 2019.

1. fedbil100 Win User

Windows Defender / Security June 2019

Is it true that the inbuilt Windows Security is all you need now . I know it has Folder Protection but if you look through the help request in this Forum it is littered with cries for help . Are they going on the Dark Web or something and who believes a complete stranger phoning you saying they are from Microsoft and asking for Bank Card details. The sooner Microsoft becomes a complete walled garden like Apple the better.

:)

fedbil100, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Microsoft January 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes
    January 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: January 08, 2019

The January security release consists of security updates for the following software:

• Adobe Flash Player
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft Edge
    • Microsoft Windows
    • Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps
    • ChakraCore
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Visual Studio
    Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

• A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in

ADV990001
      . This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the

Microsoft Update Catalog
    • Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via

Windows Update
    • For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see

Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

Known Issues

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Windows Defender / Security June 2019

Microsoft February 2019 Security Updates

Release Notes

February 2019 Security Updates

Release Date: February 12, 2019

The February security release consists of security updates for the following software:

Adobe Flash Player

Internet Explorer

Microsoft Edge

Microsoft Windows

Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web Apps

ChakraCore

.NET Framework

Microsoft Exchange Server

Microsoft Visual Studio

Azure IoT SDK

Microsoft Dynamics

Team Foundation Server

Visual Studio Code

Please note the following information regarding the security updates:

A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.

Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Updates for Windows RT 8.1 and Microsoft Office RT software are only available via Windows Update.

For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.

In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.

The following CVEs have FAQs with additional information and may include * further steps to take after installing the updates.

ADV190003

ADV190007 *

ADV990001

CVE-2019-0540 *

CVE-2019-0600

CVE-2019-0601

CVE-2019-0602

CVE-2019-0615

CVE-2019-0616

CVE-2019-0619

CVE-2019-0621

CVE-2019-0628

CVE-2019-0635

CVE-2019-0636

CVE-2019-0643

CVE-2019-0648

CVE-2019-0658

CVE-2019-0660

CVE-2019-0661

CVE-2019-0664

CVE-2019-0669

CVE-2019-0676

CVE-2019-0686 *

CVE-2019-0724 *

CVE-2019-0741

Known Issues

44****2

{{windowTitle}}

NICK ADSL UK, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender / Security June 2019

1. Windows Defender / Security June 2019 - Similar Threads - Defender Security June

2. No sound after Windows 10 Update June 2019

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after Windows 10 Update June 2019: Just installed Windows 10 update, and now I have no sound on my PC. Not on iTunes, YouTube, videos, nowthing. I updated driver, all the usual fixes. I have speakers connected, volume on, the tests show sound but I do not here anything. I am so sick of this happening. Anyone...
  3. June 2019 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    June 2019 Update: I have an Asus laptop with a SSD. I was working on my computer and when I was done, I clicked on "Update and Shut Down". About 3 hours later I came back and found my computer had locked up. I shut it down and it hasn't worked since. Now when I turn it on all I get is a black...
  4. This Week on Xbox: June 21, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: June 21, 2019: fLNr5l1HCRU We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...
  5. Windows 10 update June 2019 / Stop Code

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 update June 2019 / Stop Code: Windows 10 just forced an auto update and all seemed to go well. I have Office 2007 installed on an HP `17" Notebook. Office and Outlook will not load properly and I receive the STOP CODE Blue Screen error. I had no problems prior to the Win 10 upgrade. Need your...
  6. June 2019 update

June 2019 update: Update installed last night - all night. This morning I get a black screen after it asks to sign in and an error message that System profile Desktop is unavailable. Only recycle bin is visible. Can’t open any files. How do I roll back to yesterday?...
  7. microsoft June 2019 Security Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    microsoft June 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes June 2019 Security Updates Release Date: June 11, 2019 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office Services and Web...
  8. microsoft June 2019 Security Updates

microsoft June 2019 Security Updates: Release Notes June 2019 Security Updates Release Date: June 11, 2019 The June security release consists of security updates for the following software: Adobe Flash Player Microsoft Windows Internet Explorer Microsoft Edge Microsoft Office and Microsoft...
  9. Microsoft Windows Security Updates June 2019 overview

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Windows Security Updates June 2019 overview: Microsoft released security updates for all supported versions of the Microsoft Windows operating system on the June 11, 2019 Patch Day. Our overview of the June 2019 Patch Tuesday provides with you information about security and non-security updates that Microsoft released...
  10. This Week on Xbox: June 7, 2019

in Windows 10 News
    This Week on Xbox: June 7, 2019: kOo_xxd5XhI We know you’re busy and might miss out on all the exciting things we’re talking about on Xbox Wire every week. If you’ve got a few minutes, we can help remedy that. We’ve pared down the past week’s news into one easy-to-digest article for all things Xbox! Or, if...