Windows 10: windows defender security page not available

Discus and support windows defender security page not available in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to enable windows defender?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Leonard Langa, Jun 26, 2022.

1. windows defender security page not available

How to enable windows defender?

:)

Leonard Langa, Jun 26, 2022

2. Windows Defender Security Center Page Not Available

According to the updated documentation for the Windows Defender Security Center app, it looks like this message would be generated when a page was hidden by Group Policy:

The Windows Security app - Windows security

So you can check to see what’s missing in the WDSC, and then try unhiding the page(s) with the Group Policy settings, or by modifying the corresponding registry entries with the set of tutorials that was published by Shawn Brink here:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials...tection-windows-defender-security-center.html

Or you can probably just manually delete the problematic entries in the WDSC
    Policies folder:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender Security Center\

On the other hand, it's also possible that this might be the effect of some deeper issue.

GreginMich, Jun 26, 2022
  3. malware Win User
    Windows Defender Released

Microsoft has released the final version of its Windows Defender anti-spyware utility. Windows Defender is a product of the Microsoft acquisition of GIANT Software. Previously known as Windows AntiSpyware, after a two years beta period it's now available for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 under the name Windows Defender. Windows Defender incorporates Real-Time Protection to monitor systems for spyware activity, automated spyware removal with scheduled scans, full integration with Internet Explorer 7.0 and automatic spyware definition updates from Microsoft. Windows Defender is available freely to all customers running a genuine copy of Windows. Microsoft has also announced that customers will each be allowed to report two support incidents for free with Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.

Source: DailyTech

malware, Jun 26, 2022
  4. windows defender security page not available

Windows Defender error: Page not available

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to access
    virus and threat protection on your PC. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?
    • Does the PC connected to a domain/organization network?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these methods and check.

Note:
    Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

Method 1: Reset Windows Defender.

1. Press Windows + R key to open Run command.
    1. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    2. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\
    3. Look for Windows Defender then delete it.
    4. Restart the PC and check.

Method 2: Change Registry settings

1. Press Windows + R key to open Run command.
    1. Type Regedit and hit the Enter key.
    2. When the Registry Editor opens, navigate to the following location:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
      \System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SecurityHealthService.
    3. Click on SecurityHealthService and observe the
      DWord
      value for "Start" in the right pane.
    4. If the value is set to 4 then double click on Start and under Value data change it to 2
    5. Click OK, close registry editor and restart the PC to check.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

windows defender security page not available

1. windows defender security page not available - Similar Threads - defender security page

2. Windows defender Page not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender Page not available: My antivirus is gone, how to get the antivirus back, i think my windows 11 need to fully repair. please help meI've tried to change the windows defender value in regedit but it didn't work, then tried using powershell to type set-mppreference -uilockdown to 0, it didn't work...
  3. Windows defender Page not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender Page not available: My antivirus is gone, how to get the antivirus back, i think my windows 11 need to fully repair. please help meI've tried to change the windows defender value in regedit but it didn't work, then tried using powershell to type set-mppreference -uilockdown to 0, it didn't work...
  4. Windows Security - Page Not Available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Page Not Available: Since installing the latest 22H2 Windows 11 update when I click on Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection I get the message PAGE NOT AVAILABLE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-page-not-available/4b90ff55-8b5e-4239-a69a-383b903e5ca3
  5. Windows Security - Page Not Available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security - Page Not Available: Since installing the latest 22H2 Windows 11 update when I click on Windows Security / Virus & Threat Protection I get the message PAGE NOT AVAILABLE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-page-not-available/4b90ff55-8b5e-4239-a69a-383b903e5ca3
  6. Page Not Available in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Page Not Available in Windows Security: So, When i open the windows and search in it on Virus & Threat Protection Then i click it it says that The Page is Not available Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, And the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more...
  7. Windows Security - Page not available

Windows Security - Page not available: Hi, I am the one who is using this computer and there is no IT administrator, how do I cancel the restriction as shown in the screenshot below? Thank you. [ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender error: Page not available

Windows Defender error: Page not available: Hello there, im running windows 10 home edition version 1909 as an administrator and i cant seem to find the "virus and threat protection" in the update & security tab in the settings. I dont have any third party antiviruses installed. [IMG] So after not finding it there,...
  9. Windows Defender Security Center Shows Page Available

Windows Defender Security Center Shows Page Available: Hello, I have a Problem with my Windows. When I open Windows Defender Setting. It show "Page Not available" and "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information"....
  10. Windwows Defender Security Center Shows "Page Not Available"

Windwows Defender Security Center Shows "Page Not Available": Hello, I have a Problem with my Windows. When I open Windows Defender Setting. It show "Page Not available" and "Your IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available. Contact IT helpdesk for more information"....