Windows 10: windows defender/security protection

Discus and support windows defender/security protection in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Windows Defender but unlike "antivirus" and "firewall" under "web protection" it states "no providers". Does this mean I have no web protection... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CourtneyLeever, Apr 2, 2020.

1. windows defender/security protection

I have Windows Defender but unlike "antivirus" and "firewall" under "web protection" it states "no providers". Does this mean I have no web protection and need to download and install an app for web protection? Or is Windows Defender enough protection all alone?

:)

CourtneyLeever, Apr 2, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

Windows defender real time protection cant be turned on.

Go to Security and Maintenance, look in 'Security' and see what program is listed under Virus Protection. Windows Defender will not be enabled and functioning properly if there is a program other than Windows Defender listed.

You tried all suggestions in my previous post and Windows Defender “real time protection”
    still will not turn on?

Did you try everything suggested in Problems
    starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10
    to include (but not limited to) running SFC, scanning for malware and running the software removal tools for any security software (AVG,
    McAfee, Norton, whatever) that may have previously been on the computer followed by a reboot? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Le Boule, Apr 2, 2020
  3. BOW
    Bow Win User

windows defender/security protection

Windows Security

Is Windows Security, Fire Wall and Defender enough to protect a system? All I use it for is games, email, and some surfin the net.

Thema:

windows defender/security protection

1. windows defender/security protection - Similar Threads - defender security protection

2. Windows Defender Device Security saying to turn on Local Security Authority Protection :...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Device Security saying to turn on Local Security Authority Protection :...: Windows Defender Device Security saying to turn on Local Security Authority Protection : when i open coreisolation :its only memory integrity no: Local Security Authority Protection : but few week ago i remember i saw that : please help me make apear that...
  3. Windows Defender Device Security saying to turn on Local Security Authority Protection :...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Device Security saying to turn on Local Security Authority Protection :...: Windows Defender Device Security saying to turn on Local Security Authority Protection : when i open coreisolation :its only memory integrity no: Local Security Authority Protection : but few week ago i remember i saw that : please help me make apear that...
  4. Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection not working: Hi all,My Windows Security/Defender/Virus and Protection have all appeared to stop working. My real-time protection is off and I can't switch it off. I did not have any 3rd party antivirus software at the time just installed Avira free to plug the gap for now. May I kindly...
  5. Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam

Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam: I received a email that I was billed for $299.99 for a plan.I did not authorize this so I called the number, it appears to be a scam as they wanted me to type in a RSUPPORT.US address and fill out a cancelation form, they would not tell me what credit card I was charged until...
  6. Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty

Windows Security (Defender) and Protection history empty: Windows Defender keeps deleting/removing/quarantining files but there's no information what was removed. This has happened several different ways, but recently Action Center said something like 3 files removed by Windows Defender. Then I go to Windows Security (Virus & threat...
  7. Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE!

Windows Defender. > Windows Security > Web Protection. = NONE!: A couple days ago I switched from McAfee LiveSafe to Norton Antivirus Plus. I just now can't remember why opened Windows Defender. In the Windows Security Section, it does list Norton for a few things currently being covered. However, in the middle of that list, it reads Web...
  8. Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History

Clear Windows Security Center (Defender) Protection History: I recall on older versions of Windows Defender (now Windows Security Center) that you could clear the threat history. I have found no such way in current versions of Windows Security Center. Is there a way to do this? I am on Windows 10 1903. 133451
  9. Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem

Windows Defender Security - Virus & Threat Protection Problem: Hi Microsoft service, I need your help to fix my computer that I had struggle to find why Virus & Threat Protection is not working. I was updated Windows 10 Update. There are some changes to add new feature. Need your help to fix my computer. Regards, Spring...
  10. Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide Account Protection in Windows Defender Security Center: How to: Hide Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Hide or Show Account Protection in Windows Security in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Defender Security Center, which contains Windows Defender Antivirus. When you start up Windows 10 for the first time,...