Windows 10: Windows Defender Security scam

Discus and support Windows Defender Security scam in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get rid of Windows Defender Security scam... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EdwardFawcett, Jan 8, 2022.

1. Windows Defender Security scam

How do I get rid of Windows Defender Security scam

:)

EdwardFawcett, Jan 8, 2022
  2. Window Defender Scam

I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email.

monroejohnson, Jan 8, 2022
  3. Borg 386 Win User

Windows Defender Security scam

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Jan 8, 2022
Thema:

Windows Defender Security scam

1. Windows Defender Security scam - Similar Threads - Defender Security scam

2. Is this a scam? Windows Defender Security Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this a scam? Windows Defender Security Center: I received a pop up with verbal message to call the number 1-877-287-6353 b.ecause my computer/network has been blocked. I called the number -- I think Microsoft answered -- and they are using some remote utilities to scan my computer. I hung up but they called back from...
  3. Is this a scam? Windows Defender Security Center

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this a scam? Windows Defender Security Center: I received a pop up with verbal message to call the number 1-877-287-6353 b.ecause my computer/network has been blocked. I called the number -- I think Microsoft answered -- and they are using some remote utilities to scan my computer. I hung up but they called back from...
  4. Is this a scam? Windows Defender Security Center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Window Defender Scam

Window Defender Scam: I keep getting these scams. I will spam them but they keep showing up. The email came from *** Email address is removed for privacy ***has a phone number to call 845 253-9966...
  6. Windows Defender Security scam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Security scam: How do I get rid of Windows Defender Security scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-scam/9f1fb321-57e6-4f83-9d71-fb5fb0be973e
  7. Windows Defender Scam

Windows Defender Scam: Received an email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Microsoft Defender subscription and billing. Is this a scam? I do not thin I had defender. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-scam/af6182eb-dffd-44ab-a8a9-c6cafa68f082
  8. Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam

Microsoft Windows Defender Protection security scam: I received a email that I was billed for $299.99 for a plan.I did not authorize this so I called the number, it appears to be a scam as they wanted me to type in a RSUPPORT.US address and fill out a cancelation form, they would not tell me what credit card I was charged until...
  9. WINDOW DEFENDER SCAM

WINDOW DEFENDER SCAM: I know this is a scam, because Windows Defender is free with Windows... but for those out there that have received a newer round of emails "confirming" an order for Windows Defender, its a scam. They didn't even use my name, nor phone number, but did use someone else's....
  10. Window Defender Scam

Window Defender Scam: I received a scam email concerning Windows Defender Protection this morning which I did not call phone number listed. Just wanted to advise you of this email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-defender-scam/075e9b61-c73b-4224-a3e3-8675b2794095