Windows 10: Windows Defender Service Couldn't be Started

Discus and support Windows Defender Service Couldn't be Started in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; this is the problem when I click "start now" on windows defender what to do please help[ATTACH] [Original Title: windows defender]... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by akshay{}, Apr 13, 2019.

1. akshay{} Win User

Windows Defender Service Couldn't be Started

this is the problem when I click "start now" on windows defender

what to do please help Windows Defender Service Couldn't be Started b8c74a50-0389-4f0c-bc0b-3ff7d52c8cf7?upload=true.png

[Original Title: windows defender]

:)

akshay{}, Apr 13, 2019

2. Lumia 650, we couldn´t connect to the update service

Hi,

Have a lumia 650 with Version 1511, OS build 10.0.10586.494 is this the latest version?

When i check for updates i get this: we couldn´t connect to the update service, we`ll try again later..

I have internet connection via WiFi and a microsoft account set up.

Christian.T, Apr 13, 2019
  3. davidhk Win User
    Windows Defender disabled and is unable to start

OK. I am not sure if you can complete the steps below.......................
    In the search box, type services.msc > Enter
    Items in the Services box are listed alphabetically.
    Scroll down to Windows Defender Service...........................
    at Status heading, it should be.................................... Running
    at Startup type, it should be......................................... Automatic

Windows Defender Service Couldn't be Started [​IMG]

If that is not what yours said, right click at Windows Defender Service > click Properties >
    can you change the Startup type to Automatic and Service status to Start ?
    If yes, do so and click OK when done.

davidhk, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Defender Service Couldn't be Started - Similar Threads - Defender Service Couldn't

2. Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...: Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an installed service. What to do now to get back my Windows Defender?...
  3. Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...: Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an installed service. What to do now to get back my Windows Defender?...
  4. Windows defender service couldn't be started. The specified service does not exist as an...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Problem in Windows Defender. The problem is that SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem in Windows Defender. The problem is that SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED.: I am having a problem in Windows Defender. The problem is that SERVICE COULDN'T BE STARTED. Please guide me.THANKS<Changed to a question> <Original title: The problem of Windows defender>...
  6. Service Couldn't get Started

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Service Couldn't get Started: Split from this thread.this service couldn't be started https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/service-couldnt-get-started/82a91dbd-eb45-4f7c-a7a9-f5d6c7302c5f
  7. Windows Defender'This Service Couldn't be Started'

Windows Defender'This Service Couldn't be Started': Could Someone Help me , i have been searching for solution on youtube but seems like nothing is helping [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defenderthis-service-couldnt-be-started/e6f62ca7-c9c1-46a7-8516-6d5777ca3275
  8. The Service couldn't be started

The Service couldn't be started: Hello I'm trying to reactivate the Windows Defender but it gives an error: The specified service does not exists as an installed service. 0x80070424 I did not remove any services and they seem ok in the services console. They just work. Win 10 build 15......
  9. The Service couldn't be started

The Service couldn't be started: Hello I'm trying to reactivate the Windows Defender but it gives an error: The specified service does not exists as an installed service. 0x80070424 I did not remove any services and they seem ok in the services console. They just work. Win 10 build 15......
  10. "The service couldn't be started"

"The service couldn't be started": it say "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" the error code is 0x80070570 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/the-service-couldnt-be-started/faa8e73e-19ac-4948-af48-02ff3a02ae6c