Windows 10: Windows Defender service error 1814

Discus and support Windows Defender service error 1814 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, in service list the windows defender show me this <Impossibile leggere la descrizione. Codice di errore: 1814 > any way to repair? can't get to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by djsolidsnake86, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Windows Defender service error 1814

Hi, in service list the windows defender show me this <Impossibile leggere la descrizione. Codice di errore: 1814 >
    any way to repair? can't get to work the protection

:)

djsolidsnake86, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Borg 386 Win User

windows defender & security center services keep turning off

Are you running any other AV or did you have one running in the past? If you didn't use an uninstaller for the AV, then the remnants of it could be causing the problem. Normally any time you install an AV it disables Defender by default.

If you are getting any error codes please list those, that will be helpful in helping you.

As torre suggested, might be a good idea to do a reset or even a reinstall.

Reset Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

There are also some suggestions listed here:

Unable to turn on Windows Defender in Windows 7 / 8 / 10

Borg 386, Oct 3, 2018
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Windows Defender service error 1814 :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Oct 3, 2018
  4. jarmst Win User

Windows Defender service error 1814

Windows Defender Error 1058: can't start service

I've seen posts regarding similar behavior for Windows 7, but not for Windows 10. I've tried a few of the steps but some of them (like specific registry key updates) are not applicable, since the registry seems different than previous versions.

Symptoms

• Windows Defender always fails to start, gives "Error 1058"
    • Under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender, every option is greyed out
    • Can't manually start the "Security Center" service
      • Initially set to "Disabled"
      • Change setting to "Automatic," start service manually
      • After a short time, it reverts back to "Disabled"
    Troubleshooting Steps

• Performed virus/malware removal
      • Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, AdwCleaner, Kaspersky's TDSS Removal, Bitdefender, Spybot
      • Individually installed, scanned, and removed each
      • Found some adware/viruses that were removed
      • Nothing shows up in any scans now (seems like everything active was removed)
    • Checked Group Policy Editor/registry key for the "Disable Windows Defender" setting
      • Made sure everything was set to "enable" Defender
      • Still see symptoms
    • sfc /scannow
      • Showed some errors that couldn't be resolved
      • Seems to be missing critical files in the running and backup file list
      • I have the CBS.log that was ran immediately before posting; not sure how to attach it or if I should include a snippet
      • EDIT: just re-looked through the log output, seems like most of the "check failed" errors were for different shortcut files (Task Scheduler, etc.). Not sure how applicable this is now
    Possible Solutions

• Download + reinstall Windows Defender to replace missing files
      • Not sure if this is even possible, given that it's a core system component in W10
    • Restore Registry keys back to default settings
      • Virus seems to have messed up several places
      • Nothing specific to Windows 10 online for getting Windows Defender back to stock in registry

jarmst, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender service error 1814

1. Windows Defender service error 1814 - Similar Threads - Defender service error

2. Windows Defender Service <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 1814 >

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service <Failed to Read Description. Error Code: 1814 >: Hello everyone.I have been getting this error since I last used used windows. I have Ubuntu dual booted with Windows 10 and the GRUB bootloader loads at boot-time. I had NEVER, and I repeat NEVER had any error with any updates and Windows Defender up until yesterday. This is...
  3. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated

Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home (20H2 version). I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error I already tried to use sfc /scannow...
  4. Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing

Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing: [ATTACH] I have been searching around the web to resolve this issue. Came empty handed. I saw a lot of websites and videos saying that I should restart Windows Defender Services. But in my case, problems don't come in just 1: [ATTACH] Supposedly, Windows Defender...
  5. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error:...: The threat service keeps stopping a couple of minutes after the system has booted. I attempt to restart it I get an unexpected error occured dialog The following error is logged in the Event Viewer,,, The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the...
  6. Windows Defender antivirus service

Windows Defender antivirus service: Hello, i tried running my windows defender antivirus service from "services" buh i couldn't. The detail file needed to for the service, 'MsMpEng.exe' was also not running, i tried running that also but couldn't. Please i need your help, my machine is crashing down with virus...
  7. Windows Defender Service service failed to start

Windows Defender Service service failed to start: Hello, I have a server 2016 on which I am unable to start the Windefend service. I'm getting an error upon starting the service in the System log: "The Windows Defender Service service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital...
  8. Windows Defender service error 1814

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender service error 1814: Hi, in service list the windows defender show me this <Impossibile leggere la descrizione. Codice di errore: 1814 > any way to repair? can't get to work the protection 118994
  9. The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error:...

The Windows Defender Firewall service terminated with the following service-specific error:...: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1803. About a month ago Windows Defender Firewall would not start. It would say that it wasn't using the recommended settings. When I would try changing them I would get this error: Windows Defender Firewall can't change some of your settings....
  10. Storing images: error code 0x80070716 (1814)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Storing images: error code 0x80070716 (1814): I need help with the new configuration paths for storing images. Storage system images I conducted via the Control Panel-Backup and Recovery with the selection of the location for storing bit. copies of internal, specifically for this purpose a dedicated HD 250GB. Everything...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender foutcode 1814

2. fix errore 1814 windows defender

3. windefend error 1814

4. <Impossibile leggere la descrizione. Codice di errore: 1814 >,
  5. Windows defender error 1814