Windows 10: Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc

Discus and support Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't find the Windows Defender Service and in gpedit.msc there is no Windows Defender folder under Computer Configuration\Windows Components. I did... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Nilon123456789, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc

I can't find the Windows Defender Service and in gpedit.msc there is no Windows Defender folder under Computer Configuration\Windows Components. I did sfc /scannow and it didn't find any error I also tried all the DISM command

Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc 799e1af0-7fa6-4218-8d3a-94592f08f8f7?upload=true.png

:)

Nilon123456789, Nov 20, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

What the hell, windows defender?

So, a while back I disabled windows defender via gpedit. Come to find out it's running again, and telling me my miner is a "severe" threat, despite still being disabled in gpedit. There's a few new entries related to windows defender in gpedit that didn't used to be there before. I'm guessing this happened during the big spring update. UAC keeps becoming re-enabled somehow, as well. For now I have a shitty registry key that's supposed to disable windows defender instead, hopefully it works.

Damn, Microsoft. They were pushing users to upgrade to 10 so hard, even resorting to plain trickery to get it on as many machines as possible. Now not only is it doing hardcore data mining in the background, but it's changing settings all on its own to whatever Microsoft wants. One step closer to pushing me to Ubuntu or something. I'd already be there if I didn't think it would be an arduous task learning how to computer all over again while simultaneously breaking a lot of games, which is mostly what I use this computer for...

Bill Gates needs to go back to Microsoft just so he can kick all the guys responsible for w10 squarely in the nuts. /rant

3. Arctucas Win User

Big Brother knows what is best for you, why do you resist?

Arctucas, Nov 20, 2020
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc

Correct. This leaves me wondering if the update superseded gpedit settings, because these updates tend to reset a bunch of shit, or if the update broke/ignored that gpedit setting because there was some change to Windows Defender which doesn't respect gpedit changes.

Right. I'm a pretty careful user, and know how to avoid getting viruses. That's not to say I'm invulnerable or something unexpected might not happen sometime, but for me, it's more convenient to disable antivirus software than it is to have one running that constantly thinks my miner is a virus...

@Bill_Bright My problem with Microsoft is that I just want my computer to function the way I want it to. If I change settings, disable stuff, or even make changes Microsoft may think aren't particularly wise, such as disabling Defender, not using another antivirus software, and disabling UAC, I should be able to expect that it will function the same way tomorrow and 10 years from now, provided I don't make any changes myself.

Thema:

Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc

1. Windows Defender Service missing and no Windows Defender folder in gpedit.msc - Similar Threads - Defender Service missing

2. Windows defender service is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender service is missing: windows defender service is missing how can I fix without any reset of my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-service-is-missing/3107b26c-470f-47fb-a86e-39d8a1894a0c
  3. Windows defender service is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender service is missing: windows defender service is missing how can I fix without any reset of my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-service-is-missing/3107b26c-470f-47fb-a86e-39d8a1894a0c
  4. Windows defender service is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender service is missing!

Windows Defender service is missing!: I have just reset my pc, now I need an anti-virus so I thought of Windows Defender. I opened it and everything was normal. Then I pressed Start now but an error message came:-I opened services but Windows Defender services was MISSING! Please Help!!...
  6. Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing

Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing: [ATTACH] I have been searching around the web to resolve this issue. Came empty handed. I saw a lot of websites and videos saying that I should restart Windows Defender Services. But in my case, problems don't come in just 1: [ATTACH] Supposedly, Windows Defender...
  7. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP

WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP: This problem occurs in W10 v2004 in its latest build, and probably the previous one as well. The Services, while missing in the "Services" screen, cause no problem for your PC. Because they are not really missing. The problem that they will cause, is to misinform...
  8. Missing Windows Defender Services

Missing Windows Defender Services: Split from this thread. Hi biswashkoirala, Your screenshot of the "Security at a glance" almost certainly shows that you aremissing the service, Windows Defender Antivirus Service WinDefend. To verify, please go to your "Services" screen and scroll down to the...
  9. Windows Defender Service is Missing

Windows Defender Service is Missing: UNDER SERVICES I CANNOT FIND THE "WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES" WHERE HAS THIS GONE???? [Original Title: WINDOWS 10] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-service-is-missing/5cf85af2-0220-4d0d-9e73-2cb20e41e167
  10. Windows Defender Service missing.

Windows Defender Service missing.: Hi, I have a big issue, the Windows Defender Service is completely missing from the services and as such Windows Defender isn't working. Been searching and haven't been able to find something that solves my issue. Windows 10 Pro. Already tried - DISM - Failed,...