Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there,I recently got a Mcfee antivirus on my laptop, it only for a free for certain amount of time. After I reached theend of the free trial I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AceAgramon, Oct 1, 2021.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED

Hi there,I recently got a Mcfee antivirus on my laptop, it only for a free for certain amount of time. After I reached theend of the free trial I decided to uninstall it. Unfortunately it disabled my windows firewall and I can't turn it on in anyway. In services tab it grades out the option and it shows disabled. PLS HELP

:)

AceAgramon, Oct 1, 2021

2. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Hi Andrew,

If I understand you correctly you are willing to disable Windows Defender from your system. I would like to know few more things to understand the issue in a better way.

• Why are you trying to disable Windows Defender? Are you planning to install any third party security software?
    • From where you have followed the steps to disable Windows defender using registry?
    • Are you logged in as Administrator?

The steps which you have mentioned to disable Windows Defender using gpedit.msc is correct. If you are unable to disable it then you may do that by stopping the service responsible for Windows Defender. Here are steps which you may follow to perform the
    same task.

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
    • Type services.msc and hit enter.
    • There should be 2 services: Windows Defender Service
      and Windows Defender Network14.
    • Right click on each and press stop.

If you will stop the service responsible for Windows Defender then it will not run till it is stopped. Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you further.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 1, 2021
  3. How to disable windows defender for long time?

Dear ramesh,

I too agree with Farah in that the options to start, stop Windows Defender are not clickable. There should be a way to stop the WD

Azad Rahimtoola, Oct 1, 2021
  4. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED

Windows Defender disables itself

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing the issue on Windows defender.

I will certainly help you with this.

I would like to inform you that if you have other antivirus on your computer, so Windows defender automatically

disable itself.

If you don’t have any other antivirus on computer then I would suggest you to check the services for Windows defender:

Steps:

• Close all application and program and reboot the computer.

• Press Windows key+R.

• Type services.msc and press enter.

• From the list, you will see two services for Windows defender.

• Right click on both the services one at a time.

• Click on properties.

• Under general tab, select automatic from startup type.

• Click on start and then click on apply and then ok.

• Reboot the computer and check if it helps.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED - Similar Threads - DEFENDER SERVICES DISABLED

2. Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff: I have had a lot of problems on my computer for a while and I simply don't know how to fix them cause how hard I tried it wouldn't work, I tried resetting my pc but it wouldn't work. I can't do anything, even tho my profile is set as admin. Could anyone help me out...
  3. Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff: I have had a lot of problems on my computer for a while and I simply don't know how to fix them cause how hard I tried it wouldn't work, I tried resetting my pc but it wouldn't work. I can't do anything, even tho my profile is set as admin. Could anyone help me out...
  4. Unable to disable Windows Defender, services, a lot of stuff

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender services is disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender services is disabled: Hi,We are unable to start windows defender services.. Please find the attached screenshot for the same.Due to this Microsoft store is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-services-is-disabled/bf3b4cfb-ff32-4eff-9d1e-8ddfb341d574
  6. Windows Defender services is disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender services is disabled: Hi,We are unable to start windows defender services.. Please find the attached screenshot for the same.Due to this Microsoft store is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-services-is-disabled/bf3b4cfb-ff32-4eff-9d1e-8ddfb341d574
  7. Help disabling Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help disabling Antimalware Service Executable and Windows Defender: Hello everyone. I have tried every damn single method online and i am not able to disable these 2 demonic entities from hell. can someone waste 5 min of their time and sort me out.. please thank you very much submitted by /u/TricolorSweet [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service disabled by Steam: Hello, Facing the following issue: When starting PC -> Defender is up and running; When starting Steam App-> Defender is up and running; When starting game via Steam -> Defender become disabled service stopped: WinDefend "Microsoft Defender Antivirus Service"; If try to...
  9. Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a REAL way to disable Windows defender; disable Antimalware Service, MsMpENG?: Any help is appreciated. submitted by /u/ASTR0M00N [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jjt86n/is_there_a_real_way_to_disable_windows_defender/
  10. Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fully disabled Defender but "Windows Defender Antivirus Service" runs: I used the steps from here and elsewhere, to FULLY disable Windows Defender. well over a year ago. Mark my surprise, when I find that the "Antimalware Service executable" is eating up 25% of the processor power... I double checked everything from Group policy settings, to...