Windows 10: WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP

Discus and support WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This problem occurs in W10 v2004 in its latest build, and probably the previous one as well. The Services, while missing in the "Services" screen,... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GlenProuty, Jul 23, 2020.

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP

This problem occurs in W10 v2004 in its latest build, and probably the previous one as well.

The Services, while missing in the "Services" screen, cause no problem for your PC. Because they

are not really missing.

The problem that they will cause, is to misinform someone, who thinks that they need to find them.

For whatever reason. Troubleshooting, or anything else..

The Windows Defender Services that fail to display areWindows Defender Antivirus Service, and

Windows Defender Antivirus Network Inspection Service. WinDefend and WdNisSvc.

The services are missing in both, the Services App and Msconfig.

WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP [​IMG] WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP 8b87b6f2-58a6-455b-95b3-f13a9586f312?upload=true.jpg

You can verify their presence, by observing the Task Manager.

WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP d7f4f9b1-96f0-49cb-8336-06036c311172?upload=true.jpg

The purpose for this discussion is to prevent someone from going down the primrose path!

Good luck, Glen

:)

GlenProuty, Jul 23, 2020

2. Windows Defender service is missing from Services

Good day all,

When I try to turn on Windows Defender on my PC I get the error message 'The settings for Windows Defender Antivirus aren't available. The app has been uninstalled from the server'. I saw a solution on this platform to start the Windows Defender Service
    in Services but the issue is that it is missing. Please what do I do to resolve this and turn it on.

Thank you.

Michael Onyirimba, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Aug 4, 2020
  4. simrick Win User

WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP

Windows Defender Service missing.

Hi.
    The opencl.dll error is nothing - don't worry about it.

For the DISM repair, suggest you download the W10 ISO from MSTechBench and point to it with the DISM command as shown in the tut:

simrick, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP

1. WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING From The SERVICES APP - Similar Threads - DEFENDER SERVICES MISSING

2. Windows defender service is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender service is missing: windows defender service is missing how can I fix without any reset of my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-service-is-missing/3107b26c-470f-47fb-a86e-39d8a1894a0c
  3. Windows defender service is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender service is missing: windows defender service is missing how can I fix without any reset of my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-service-is-missing/3107b26c-470f-47fb-a86e-39d8a1894a0c
  4. Windows defender service is missing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows Defender service is missing!

Windows Defender service is missing!: I have just reset my pc, now I need an anti-virus so I thought of Windows Defender. I opened it and everything was normal. Then I pressed Start now but an error message came:-I opened services but Windows Defender services was MISSING! Please Help!!...
  6. Windows Defender Advanced Protection Service missing from Services? Help

Windows Defender Advanced Protection Service missing from Services? Help: Im running Windows 10 alot of times my laptop puts up a notication “Microsoft Defender Antivirus is turned off” but when I check it always says its turned on. Is this some sort of bug? Also.. yesterday i had this huge issue with my antivrius on my laptop:...
  7. Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing

Windows Defender is Blank and Defender Services are missing: [ATTACH] I have been searching around the web to resolve this issue. Came empty handed. I saw a lot of websites and videos saying that I should restart Windows Defender Services. But in my case, problems don't come in just 1: [ATTACH] Supposedly, Windows Defender...
  8. Missing Windows Defender Services

Missing Windows Defender Services: Split from this thread. Hi biswashkoirala, Your screenshot of the "Security at a glance" almost certainly shows that you aremissing the service, Windows Defender Antivirus Service WinDefend. To verify, please go to your "Services" screen and scroll down to the...
  9. Windows Defender Service is Missing

Windows Defender Service is Missing: UNDER SERVICES I CANNOT FIND THE "WINDOWS DEFENDER SERVICES" WHERE HAS THIS GONE???? [Original Title: WINDOWS 10] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-service-is-missing/5cf85af2-0220-4d0d-9e73-2cb20e41e167
  10. Windows Defender Service missing.

Windows Defender Service missing.: Hi, I have a big issue, the Windows Defender Service is completely missing from the services and as such Windows Defender isn't working. Been searching and haven't been able to find something that solves my issue. Windows 10 Pro. Already tried - DISM - Failed,...