Windows 10: Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

Discus and support Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RainnbowRose, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

Hello,

I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however whenever I do this, and exit out, when i go back to check the settings have taken affect they revert back to their original block setting.

I don't know why, i am the administrator and only user account on this desktop, other computers on the OS work fine when they do this. I am getting frustrated as to why this is not working on mine. Any insight would be great.

Thanks

:)

RainnbowRose, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs administrator permission to change

I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator permission to change this setting and set up Smartscreen. How do I run Windows Defender Security Center as
    an administrator? I tried right clicking on the App from the Windows Start Menu but "Run as Administrator" option wasn't listed.

Before trying to change the settings Windows Defender Notification said there was numerous threats and a trojan. When I clicked on details of the trojan the screen went to the settings of Windows Defender and now the scan says there are no threats. I do
    not see a history of threats or scans now either.

Strawman420, Jun 15, 2019
  3. App & Browser control

In Windows Defender Security Centre home page, my App + browser control box is ticked green with no action required, but when I go into it, the 'check apps and files' options are all greyed out, and there
    is a red message saying 'This setting is managed by your administrator'.

Anyone have any ideas how I can reclaim control of this, and hit the Warn button.

The SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge is not greyed out, and I have the Warn button on.

Thanks

Federico Rubiu, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Backoch Win User

Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

App + browser control

In Windows Defender Security Centre home page, my App + browser control box is ticked green with no action required, but when I go into it, the 'check apps and files' options are all greyed out, and there is a red message saying 'This setting is managed
    by your administrator'.

Anyone have any ideas how I can reclaim control of this, and hit the Warn button.

The SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge is not greyed out, and I have the Warn button on.

Thanks

Backoch, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

1. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn - Similar Threads - Defender Settings App

2. App and Browser Control?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    App and Browser Control?: I would just like to know what is the difference between Warn and Block? Would selecting Block prevent users bypassing the warning prompts for users? If yes, then since I am the only one using my own laptop and no one else, would it be fine to just leave it as Warn which is...
  3. How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender

How can I turn on App & browser control in Windows Defender: Hi I whould like to (if possible) get some help. Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)...
  4. Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers

Howcan i turn on my: on Windows defender /Control of apps and Browsers: Hi I whould like to (if possible) get some help. Because, me windows defender looks like is working just fine… but when i go to section of (Control of apps and Browsers) the program does not allow me to change nothing (it say: i need the adeministrator allow to turn it on)...
  5. "This setting is managed by your administrator" - Apps & Browser Control under Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    "This setting is managed by your administrator" - Apps & Browser Control under Windows...: I noticed this message- "This setting is managed by your administrator" under the Apps & Browser Control in Windows defender settings. Also, the 'check apps and files' option has been disabled (selected OFF). [ATTACH] I need to select the 'Warn' option. This problem is...
  6. App & Browser Control Settings

App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b
  7. This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control

This setting is managed by your administrator problem for app & browser control: In app & browser control were occour red words on " this setting is managed by your administrator". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/this-setting-is-managed-by-your-administrator/d078b8b9-6567-4365-9610-4d445c909ef8
  8. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...: I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator permission to change this setting and set up Smartscreen. How do I run Windows Defender Security Center as an administrator? I...
  9. Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning

Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning: Whilst browsing a what looked like a bona fida Windows Defender warning appeared on full screen, stating I needed to do an immediate scan with link provided, as there were three serious infections on my computer. I immediately closed all open apps, did scans with Defender...
  10. Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10: Tried it for about 15 minutes then turned it off again*Shock It was blocking *RedcardedOneDrive & File Explorer*Redcarded from making changes, and if I need to white list Microsoft's own built in software*Shock, to me anyhow, disaster is preprogrammed*Sad Oh, and it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender antivirus app control settings differnce blockand warn

2. trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block