Windows 10: Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

Discus and support Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RainnbowRose, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

Hello,

I am trying to have more control over my system and trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block, however whenever I do this, and exit out, when i go back to check the settings have taken affect they revert back to their original block setting.

I don't know why, i am the administrator and only user account on this desktop, other computers on the OS work fine when they do this. I am getting frustrated as to why this is not working on mine. Any insight would be great.

Thanks

:)

RainnbowRose, Jun 15, 2019

2. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs administrator permission to change

I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator permission to change this setting and set up Smartscreen. How do I run Windows Defender Security Center as
    an administrator? I tried right clicking on the App from the Windows Start Menu but "Run as Administrator" option wasn't listed.

Before trying to change the settings Windows Defender Notification said there was numerous threats and a trojan. When I clicked on details of the trojan the screen went to the settings of Windows Defender and now the scan says there are no threats. I do
    not see a history of threats or scans now either.

Strawman420, Jun 15, 2019
  3. App & Browser control

In Windows Defender Security Centre home page, my App + browser control box is ticked green with no action required, but when I go into it, the 'check apps and files' options are all greyed out, and there
    is a red message saying 'This setting is managed by your administrator'.

Anyone have any ideas how I can reclaim control of this, and hit the Warn button.

The SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge is not greyed out, and I have the Warn button on.

Thanks

Federico Rubiu, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Backoch Win User

Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

App + browser control

In Windows Defender Security Centre home page, my App + browser control box is ticked green with no action required, but when I go into it, the 'check apps and files' options are all greyed out, and there is a red message saying 'This setting is managed
    by your administrator'.

Anyone have any ideas how I can reclaim control of this, and hit the Warn button.

The SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge is not greyed out, and I have the Warn button on.

Thanks

Backoch, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn

1. Windows Defender Settings App And Browser Control Wont Change to warn - Similar Threads - Defender Settings App

2. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  3. Windows defender is missing apps and browser control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender is missing apps and browser control: Hi, I recently reset my PC and I have noticed that apps and browser control is missing from Windows Defender. I tried to select it in Privacy and Security in settings but when I do it doesn't load.I also noticed when I uninstalled my third part antivirus software the virus...
  4. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  5. Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows defender App and browser control (PUA block downloads): how can i use a reg key to enable below? thanks a lot for your help. :) [img] 176030
  6. facing issue in app and browser controls setting

facing issue in app and browser controls setting: i am getting why i am receiving the notification of potentially unwanted app found in my window security... please help to solve my problem.... even UTORRENT app was creating problem so i delete that app but still i am getting that problem also told me how to remove...
  7. "App & browser control" is Off warning

"App & browser control" is Off warning: Yesterday I upgraded to v2004 on both my desktop PC and my DELL laptop. In both cases things seemed to go well but I now see a "Windows Security" warning that was not there in the previous version v1909. See picture: - [img] If it was important I reckon Microsoft should...
  8. Windows Defender: unable to change settings from block to warn

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender: unable to change settings from block to warn: I’d like to change Windows smart screen settings from block to warn because I want to have more control over my computer. But I am unable to do it. When I change setting and shut down the computer, the next time the system reverts back and I see the original settings...
  9. App & Browser Control Settings

App & Browser Control Settings: When you select Block in these settings are you blocking that setting from working or turning it on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/app-browser-control-settings/8ffb12e9-ce36-4eb0-a209-ac22eb4bcf1b
  10. Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...

Windows Defender Virus Protection Settings for Apps & Browser Control Smartscreen needs...: I am using Windows Defender Security Center for Windows 10. In the Apps & Browser the "Check apps and files" says it is off and needs administrator permission to change this setting and set up Smartscreen. How do I run Windows Defender Security Center as an administrator? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app & browser control - warn

2. windows defender antivirus app control settings differnce blockand warn

3. trying to switch the windows smart screen settings to warn instead of block