Windows 10: Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Discus and support Windows Defender settings are grayed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GreenYoshi67, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Windows Defender settings are grayed out

hello,

my laptop running windows 10 home 1903 has some windows defender setting greyed out with the message "this setting is managed by your administrator," I'm the only user and have Malwarebytes installed for scanning. everything I've tried hasn't worked. it's really annoying.

thanks in advance.

:)

GreenYoshi67, Aug 24, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Aug 24, 2019
  3. "Gray Screen of Death"

Thanks for your informative post!

I had solved my 2D & gray screen issue using advice posted by erocker (see below)
    Mainly it involves creating a profile and putting higher 2D clocks:

Black Panther, Aug 24, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender settings are grayed out

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender settings are grayed out

1. Windows Defender settings are grayed out - Similar Threads - Defender settings are

2. Security settings in grayed out. Why ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security settings in grayed out. Why ?: Hello. Could you help me explain why the memory integrity and firmware protection options are grayed out and the text message in red saying that these settings are handled by the system administrator. Is there any way to change this? Thank you very much in advance for your...
  3. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  4. Set time Automatically grayed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Set time Automatically grayed Out: We have Windows 10 Pro, after joining them to the Domain the option "Set time automatically" is grayed out. I done googling but there is no way to enable it. I need this option enabled, how can I do it ? Tried computer Configuration\ Windows Settings\ Security Settings\ Local...
  5. Nightlight settings are grayed out

Nightlight settings are grayed out: My Nightlight is greyed out. The video driver is up to date. So I've tried this instruction. And I've found out that there are no such keys in this folder. What should I do next? Can I create these keys somehow and delete them thereafter? Please help, my eyes are in real pain...
  6. Sync your settings Grayed out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sync your settings Grayed out: The Icon for turning your Sync settings is Grayed out in the off position will not turn on Please Advise how to correct this. Laptop with news Win 10 download....
  7. Taskbar color setting grayed out

Taskbar color setting grayed out: I use a special color bright orange on my title bar and taskbar. The taskbar has suddenly turned white, and the Personalization/System/Display/Colors switch is grayed and unusable. I've rebooted several times, and I've run "chkdsk /f", but nothing changes.Why, and how do I...
  8. Windows 10 settings window grayed out

Windows 10 settings window grayed out: Beginning of the issue was that my spotlight image doesn't change so I follow the steps from the link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 After follow...
  9. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...
  10. Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win Defender is on but grayed out. Why?: Hey all, Windows Defender shows being on but it's grayed out. I can't change it, and the downloadable .reg file to turn it on or off does nothing. I run AVG antivirus, and I tried turning it off to see if it was getting in the way...didn't help. This is Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Defender Grayed Out!

2. windows defender buttons greyed out

3. check apps and files warn