Windows 10: Windows Defender Shortcuts

Discus and support Windows Defender Shortcuts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there a way to create a custom shortcut to run a C:\ scan? Also looking for a direct shortcut to the Windows defender scan logs in the Event... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kitpzyxmsir, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows Defender Shortcuts

Is there a way to create a custom shortcut to run a C:\ scan?

Also looking for a direct shortcut to the Windows defender scan logs in the Event Viewer.

Thanks

:)

kitpzyxmsir, Dec 22, 2018
  2. Le Boule Win User

Shortcut for Window Defender

After you receive the Windows 10 Anniversary Update (you should receive it this month) a WD icon should be inserted into the taskbar notifications area and you can easily access WD from there…you should
    be able to set it to permanently appear on the taskbar. I think I’d just wait on that to occur instead of creating an app or shortcut.

See http://www.howtogeek.com/248177/whats-new-in-windows-10s-anniversary-update/

• Windows Defender now has an icon that appears in the notification area and produces more notifications by default. This makes it more clear to average Windows users that Windows 10 has a built-in antivirus protecting them. Windows
      Defender can also perform a boot-time offline scan to find and remove more nasty malware.
    But if you prefer not to wait on the Anniversary Update you can always try following the suggestions here:

https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/create-windows-defender-settings-shortcut-in-windows-10.6913/

Regards….

Le Boule, Dec 22, 2018
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows Defender Shortcuts :)

terrace, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows Defender Shortcuts

Windows 10 commands/shortcuts/env. var.

I didn't see on your list using Win-X to bring up the basic setup of system tools like the original control panel, easy access to device manager, etc. not technically a list of commands, but at least a shortcut *Smile Windows Defender Shortcuts :)

Ahhzz, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender Shortcuts

1. Windows Defender Shortcuts - Similar Threads - Defender Shortcuts

2. How can I remove the Windows Defender Icon from an app shortcut?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the Windows Defender Icon from an app shortcut?: A couple of my apps that are "flagged" by Windows defender have that obnoxious Windows Defender icon on them and it's driving me insane. Is there any workaround that will get rid of it?side note: would it kill Microsoft to make Defender less obnoxious? I already had to turn...
  3. How can I remove the Windows Defender Icon from an app shortcut?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the Windows Defender Icon from an app shortcut?: A couple of my apps that are "flagged" by Windows defender have that obnoxious Windows Defender icon on them and it's driving me insane. Is there any workaround that will get rid of it?side note: would it kill Microsoft to make Defender less obnoxious? I already had to turn...
  4. Microsoft Script to restore (some) deleted Windows shortcuts after Defender ASR incident

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Script to restore (some) deleted Windows shortcuts after Defender ASR incident: News broke on Friday the 13th that Windows users from all over the world were noticing that application shortcuts on the taskbar and Start Menu were no longer accessible. [ATTACH] Microsoft confirmed the issue quickly and identified a security intelligence update build as...
  5. Major Microsoft Defender ASR issue confirmed: shortcuts broken, application start up issues

in Windows 10 News
    Major Microsoft Defender ASR issue confirmed: shortcuts broken, application start up issues: Microsoft is investigating a major issue affecting users of its Windows operating system currently. According to the company's short message on Twitter, it is investigating an "issue where users are unable to access application shortcuts on the Start menu and Taskbar in...
  6. Windows Defender Shortcuts.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Shortcuts.: Good afternoon, I decided to post a new thread for this rather than in one of the Tutorials first. I have pretty much all the programs etc that I use in a Toolbar. I decided to setup a folder for Windows Defender. I wanted to first open the Scan Options Page using a Shortcut,...
  7. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  8. Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Defender Advanced Firewall: Hi, How can I create a shortcut for Microsoft Defender Advanced Firewall? I don't know the exact path Thanks 176099
  9. Shortcut after updating window defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut after updating window defender: Good day all, Please I recently updated my window defender and all the applicants became short cut and I can't access them again, what can I do to recover the apps? Regards...
  10. Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut

Windows Defender Advanced Scan Shortcut: If I access Windows Defender from the system tray icon and try to run an advanced scan, it will not run. Nothing happens. I don't know why. I've searched for answers but nothing works. Quick Scan is ok. So I found these handy shortcuts for Windows Defender Full scans, but...