Windows 10: Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list...

Discus and support Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm having this frustrating issue and cant seem to see any thread where it is being addressed. Apart from the "Default" item, the only other... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mitchel EmmanuelIwhiwhu, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list...

Hi guys,

I'm having this frustrating issue and cant seem to see any thread where it is being addressed. Apart from the "Default" item, the only other Path I can find is for the exclusion I created by myself See image below.

Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list... bafef710-bba2-4df7-a66b-538ed2eff3ad?upload=true.png

All other items shown in the list of exclusions in Windows Defender do not show in the Registry Editor. See Windows Defender Screenshot below

Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list... fee3b05b-a81d-49fb-afe7-50c255826818?upload=true.png

What could be the problem?

Kindly bear in mind that I wan to avoid, as much as possible, the need to have to re-install Windows, or Reset my Computer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Emmanuel.

:)

Mitchel EmmanuelIwhiwhu, Mar 9, 2021

2. Windows Defender Exclusion list

I've tried a full scan. At the end of the scan a notification has came and said that " Scan has been completed, 0 treats found, Windows defender skipped those(showing list) files as your exclusion settings .." Quick scan also says the same.. I'll try for
    a clean boot later.

TharangaSisira, Mar 9, 2021
  3. Windows Defender Exclusion list

Hi! I cant remove my windows defender exclusion list.. If I clicked remove button but nothing happens and still remaining it in the exclusion list.. How can I remove it.. My exclusion list has generated automatically by some virus or some unauthorized program..
    Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list... 8cc809c3-47e0-48f0-a2fc-60dfb0651bc9.jpg

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TharangaSisira, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Farvatten Win User

Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list...

Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

Is it 20H2, or this pre-release version 4.18.2010.4 of Defender's Platform?

I'm on 20H2 with the general release Windows Defender Platform 4.18.2009.7-0 and my add folder exclusion appears.

Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list... [​IMG]

Farvatten, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list...

1. Windows Defender showing a list of greyed out Exclusions, but they don't show in the list... - Similar Threads - Defender showing list

2. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  3. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini: The C:/ directory is in my defender Exclusion list and I cant remove it and defender has also been saying I have bladabini on my device which defender has removed several times a day now but it keeps saying its there and when I go to remove it in the firewall app menu thing...
  4. Defender Exclusion list problems and bladabini

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iagob1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2z7px/windows_defender_the_list_of_exclusions_does_not/
  6. Windows Security exclusions list

Windows Security exclusions list: After getting message saying Administrator blocked the execution of a file deemed unsafe, i.e. "D:\setup.exe", which came with my 8 year old Samsung multifunction printer, I added it to the Windows Security exclusions list and ran again. Unfortunately, I get the same...
  7. Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear

Windows Defender - The list of exclusions does not appear: Hello!, When I add an exclusion in WD, the list of the added exclusions does not appear. [img] Does it happen to someone else? Windows 10 Pro (2004) (19041.572), fully updated. Regards. 167114
  8. BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List

BUG Windows Defender Exclusions Empty List: I noticed yesterday, WD engine installed an update, i opened my exclusions list and it was empty, they only appear in the registry but not the exclusions Ui. I read that a workaround for this issue is using group policy editor to exclude the paths and doing that makes them...
  9. Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender

Adding folder to exclusions list in Windows Defender: Hey guys, I have a folder that I am using for a programming class provided by my instructor, however Windows Defender is flagging it as a virus. He advised me that there is a way to prevent windows defender from scanning it, however I myself couldn't figure out how to add...
  10. Windows Defender showing a extremely large list of exploits

Windows Defender showing a extremely large list of exploits: I haven't had many problems with viruses, scanning my computer regularly, not downloading anything dodgy, but recently windows defender popped up with an alert saying "threats found" and showed me a huge list of what seems like exploitable features on my computer, but I also...