Windows 10: Windows defender showing a red cross sign

Discus and support Windows defender showing a red cross sign in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After the last update of windows 10 windows defender is showing a red cross sign. Although i have restarted my device multiple times then also the same... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AkaArnab, May 23, 2022.

1. AkaArnab Win User

Windows defender showing a red cross sign

After the last update of windows 10 windows defender is showing a red cross sign. Although i have restarted my device multiple times then also the same issue persists. Does anybody out there know any solution to fix this problem of mine.I am providing you the screen shots which may help you understand my problem better.

:)

AkaArnab, May 23, 2022

2. Audio not working. It show red cross sign

*O.T.> audio

I update Window 10 but audio not working. It show red cross sign on window ribbon on left. I tried to do trouble shooting but it could not gets fixed.

AtqaMujtaba, May 23, 2022
  3. Yeji1 Win User
    Files with red cross

All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats (Excel, World, PowerPoint). What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you.

Yeji1, May 23, 2022
  4. Windows defender showing a red cross sign

External Network Adapter showing red cross and not appearing in wifi list

New network adapter with Atheros chipset is showing red cross and not showing in wifi list. However it works well with my other windows 10 machine. Clearly Adapter is fine. Drivers are updated as well as windows is updated to 2020. Please help.

Windows defender showing a red cross sign f7dd28cd-6acc-46dd-ace5-1c0b70f62474?upload=true.png

rog-SARTHAK, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Windows defender showing a red cross sign

1. Windows defender showing a red cross sign - Similar Threads - defender showing red

2. Red cross sign on device performance and health Why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Red cross sign on device performance and health Why?: Please tell me what can I do to solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-cross-sign-on-device-performance-and-health/3adb7f10-b0d4-434b-99f6-804a7fe6dcca
  3. Battry icon showing red cross line .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battry icon showing red cross line .: Hello, good evening. I am on Windows 10, and OS build 19042.746. Recently I notice the Battery icon on my taskbar showing empty with a red X symbol after the Windows starts. It stays there for 2 to 3 seconds and then disappears, though my battery is almost fully charged....
  4. Files with red cross

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files with red cross: All the files that I created recently have a red cross on them. This refers to different formats Excel, World, PowerPoint. What is it and how to get rid of this red cross? Thank you....
  5. Windows defender Task bar red cross

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender Task bar red cross: Can someone help me please. I am using windows 10. The defender shield icon in the taskbar has a red cross on it meaning actions required. When I open the dashboard all the items have green ticks stating no action required! When I try to do a manual definition update nothing...
  6. red cross on defender shield in taskbar

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    red cross on defender shield in taskbar: A red cross instead of the green tick is showing on the defender shield in the taskbar, meaning action needed. When I open the defender control panel everything is ticked green and the last definition update was today. Does anybody know why the red cross is there? Thanks...
  7. Red cross sign on my drive units in explorer

Red cross sign on my drive units in explorer: Hi Yesterday I discovered a strange red sign on my drive units in file explorer. They look like the onedrive sync status "cannot sync" symbol. The strange thing is I can't find why they pop up now. Also, I don't have OneDrive installed. My computer is running Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 red cross issue

Windows 10 red cross issue: During start up, the icons look normal. after a while, red crosses appears on the drive. These arent network drives. System restore doesnt help. Any views on this? Thanks [ATTACH]...
  9. BSOD and WiFi shows red cross next to connection.

BSOD and WiFi shows red cross next to connection.: I have have a BSOD almost everyday and just today, I had one and the WiFi has a cross beside it. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-and-wifi-shows-red-cross-next-to-connection/d942e696-9419-4cbd-afc4-916d584aa33e
  10. Red cross on sound

Red cross on sound: Hello, I have a fresh install on my PC and for some reason it doesn't detect my headphones, I've plugged them in the front and rear and still no luck, all drivers and software are up to date, any idea what's happening? They did use to work before the fresh install. 43067