Windows 10: Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Discus and support Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete? Status is failed. alert level- severe threat detected :... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Harshil10, May 9, 2020.

1. Harshil10 Win User

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

What can be done in case if windows defender shows remediation incomplete?

Status is failed.

alert level- severe

threat detected : Worm:Win32/Babonock.A

category worm

How to delete or remove this threat ? as only action available is "allow" at bottom

ran an entire quick scan of defender ,malware bytes etc but of no help.

:)

Harshil10, May 9, 2020

2. Windows Defender remediation incomplete - Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml

Windows Defender not able to remove that virus. Plz help how to remove it.

I already run
    Microsoft Safety Scanner (64-bit)
    . But virus still in my pc

Now Defender shows remediation incomplete Severe

DeepakRawat_1, May 9, 2020
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, May 9, 2020
  4. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

Remediation Incomplete

Hello i'm Timon and i'm glad to help you.

If Windows Defender considers this file dangerous, it probably is.

You should remove the exception in Windows Defender.

Navigate to:

Settings --> Windows Defender Security Center --> Virus & Threat Protection --> Threat History

So once you're at Threat History, just look at Allowed Threats, click at the concerned threat, and click on "Don't Allow" then it just removes that threat from the allowed list.

Just to be 100% sure, you can send the file to
    https://www.virustotal.com

This will confirm (or not) if the file is dangerous.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Jimmy_Timon, May 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history

1. Windows defender showing remediation incomplete in protection history - Similar Threads - defender showing remediation

2. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  3. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender: Hello,I was on a sketchy website when suddenly a new window opened and started downloading file with the name Trojan-something. Windows Defender immediately stepped and prevented the file from downloading. So the file never reached downloads in Explorer. I then went to...
  4. Remediation Incomplete Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Virus & Threat Protection: Remediation Incomplete

Virus & Threat Protection: Remediation Incomplete: A certain high level threat, HackTool:Win32/AutoKMS, was detected after conducting a Full Scan in my Windows Defender. I have no idea how it got in but for sure it is still running in my laptop. I am worried that it might cause corruptions and damage to my files or in the...
  6. Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete"

Defender anti-virus shows "Remediation Incomplete": Windows Defender shows "Remediation Incomplete" when removing trojan. A screen shot of the error is shown below.When I run a backup, Windows 7 version, I get an error that says that the image file cannot be created because it contains a virus. Any suggestions on how to...
  7. Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??

Windows Defender Remediation incomplete... or is it??: Hi Folks, Just a query about "Protection History" in windows defender.Short story... I had to download a file - but the link was one of those adfly shortcut things. Whilst waiting for the timer the advert started to download a setup.exe. Windows defender came to the rescue...
  8. Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete: Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?...
  9. 2 items in Protection history: Remediation incomplete, and Threat removed or restored

2 items in Protection history: Remediation incomplete, and Threat removed or restored: So I unfortunately got the Bearfoos trojan. My first virus and a terrible one... Trojan:win32/Bearfoos.A!ml I ran Windows Defender and in Protection history there is one section that says “Threat removed or restored” and one that says “Remediation incomplete”. Does this...
  10. Remediation Incomplete

Remediation Incomplete: [ATTACH] I just got a notification about this virus. It said the level is severe. Because I didn't know what to do, I click allow. As you can see, there is a warning in the picture. So, what should I do now? Please, help me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trojan:win32/wacatac.d!ml action remediation incomplete

2. windows10whatdoesremediationincompletemean

3. proyection history in defender is missing

4. remediation incomplete windows defender,
  5. remediation incomplete