Windows 10: Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan

Discus and support Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So, this happened [ATTACH] Is this actually a trojan? If yes, then is it actually a Windows file that is corrupt? If not, how do I fix it because... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ShreyasTripathy, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan

So, this happened

Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan b0d3efc8-a2a2-4720-8342-c15d169cffd1?upload=true.png

Is this actually a trojan? If yes, then is it actually a Windows file that is corrupt? If not, how do I fix it because it keeps coming back every 8 hours or so.

:)

ShreyasTripathy, Nov 30, 2018
  2. AFWS Win User

Windows Defender detects an .exe as Win32/Bitrep.A Trojan?

OK, I had this software(earlier version) on another computer and never had it detected as a Trojan. I tried installing the latest version of this software on my new computer and it got detected as "Win32/Bitrep.A" Trojan after about a week of being installed
    and Windows Defender deleted it. I tried re-downloading and then scanned the installation exe with Windows Defender and it detected it as the same Trojan. I then tried re-downloading again and Windows Defender deleted it as soon as it finished downloading.
    The earlier version installation exe wasn't detected as a Trojan. I also tried a update exe to the software that wasn't the same version and nothing was detected. It seems to be with this certain version of the software or the update to this version. The developer
    recommended installing the free version of Avast. Once installed, I scanned the installation exe with Avast and nothing was detected. Is there a Trojan with the software? According to Windows Defender there is. According to Avast there isn't.

* Moved from Windows 10/Security

3. C# EXE and MSI considered as trojan by Windows Defender on Windows 10

Hi,

I developed a C# exe and a service (Windows Service). Few Windows 10 machines flag that as having Trojan Win32\Critet.BS. Which is false positive. Is there a way to report that to Microsoft and know what
    might be causing it.

Reason is for a user seeing this warning by Defender is scary. Any link/tutorial or suggestions will be helpful

Deepak.cvo, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan

C# EXE and MSI considered as trojan by Windows Defender on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you so much for the response!

I have already done that, final result was that its really false positive and its cleared. But my concern is on distribution of the EXE. If someone will see defender warning and item being quarantined, it will be a problem. Any way possible to know which
    code/part in EXE is letting it detect as Trojan?

Deepak.cvo, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan

1. Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan - Similar Threads - Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate

2. Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...: Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe file bhut in that location no file existThis will show status active and active threat have not been remediate and are running on your deviceAnd in details it shows this command is...
  3. Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe...: Windows Defender Trojan:Script/Wacatac.H!ml keeps popping up, and it shows trojan in a .exe file bhut in that location no file existThis will show status active and active threat have not been remediate and are running on your deviceAnd in details it shows this command is...
  4. SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SIHOST64.exe Mining Trojan: Hi. I recently found a virus in my computer, sihost64 and sihost32 running on the background. I dont know how to remove it. Please help me, especially @_AW_ who was helped people with the same problem.Here i attached my...
  5. Windows Defender showing this trojan amsiuac: pid:000032B0

Windows Defender showing this trojan amsiuac: pid:000032B0: Hi, This virus can be seen in Defender but i do not know what it is and where to find it. Help will be appreciated .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-showing-this-trojan-amsiuac/67a8977d-5a5c-45d5-b0f2-fa86cce15a6c
  6. Windows Defender and Trojan

Windows Defender and Trojan: Hello. I just was alerted by Windows Defender that there was a Trojan on my pc. I removed it and ran a few different anti-virus programs for peace of mind ... My question is- Does Windows Defender catch it before it can do harm? Do I need to go through and change passwords...
  7. Trojan Help Windows Defender

Trojan Help Windows Defender: Hi, The 1st of May I download a file that windows defender only marked today at 12 as a Trojan horse. I only marked it today, I hit the take action button. What should I do to remove it and make sure my device is secure. Thanks...
  8. Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer

Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer: One installation package experienced issue with Windows Defender giving a Trojan warning.[ATTACH] The “Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl” was reported at one computer, and others can’t reproduce. It seems the virus was reported with education win10 and threat definition...
  9. trojan windows defender

trojan windows defender: I change over to windows defender a few months ago and I just had my first fake trojan. I just go to very safe sites and got hit with the fake trojan, sorry, forgot to write any info down. I had seen it before on friends computers and cleaned it out, it wants you to call...
  10. Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan

Reoccuring pcds32.exe trojan: Hello, I've been getting a lot of notifications from bitdefender that i have viruses named: pcds32.exe, pcds64.exe, and rv32.exe. Bitdefender usually finds it in my temp folder and it'll keep disinfecting it and blocking it and I've manually deleted it as well but it keeps...