Windows 10: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Discus and support Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lcsant, Aug 13, 2018.

1. lcsant Win User

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

hi All,

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry about regarding security.

Any help to identify the issue appreciated, or if someone confirms it's a bug then happy to ignore it till its fixed.

:)

lcsant, Aug 13, 2018

2. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?

MarcMcgeachie, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Defender Actions Recommended

This is an unacceptable workaround at best. I'm not going to blindly do this every time Windows Update decides to push out an update, which can happen at any time, and has happened at any time.

Where can I find the Actions Recommended list?

Since there is a notification, there must be a list of what those notifications are, even if it tells me there was a problem because of a virus checker. We have had this issue for months (including my old laptop), and this is a new machine doing the same
    thing.

What you are telling me seems to imply that we will get notified even if there are, in fact, no action items. This would indeed be a bug in Windows Defender Action Notifications, would it not?

Kelly Craven, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender Actions Recommended

Thanks for the quick reply.

Even though Auto Update said there were no updates (last checked 10:15 AM, about 45 minutes ago) the Cumulative Update did show up when manually forcing an update check. Maybe this will be lucky, as you suggest. Downloading that update now,

Reliability Monitor shows updates and, mostly, app reconfigurations every single day for the last month. Only two errors are shown, one for a stuck windows pictures app and the other for an improper windows shutdown. Both were weeks ago. I don't see anything
    in there that is useful except to confirm Windows is working as is normal. In other words, none point to any issues of needed action...they do confirm updates, ironically, of apps that I have never used.

Also, the timing of "today's" updates and reconfigurations, as seen in Reliability Monitor, coincide with the reboot done earlier.

Yes, there was a Windows Defender definition update this morning, as seen in Reliability Monitor, and every day for the last month.

What actions are needed? If the definition updates exposed any existing conditions, and warns us, how do we figure out what those actions are?

This is a bug in Windows Defender. or multiple bugs. (warning if there are no issues - warning if there are no actions - not giving steps to rectify the issues if there are problems.....)

I'll update this thread when the Cumulative Update us complete.

Kelly Craven, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

1. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed - Similar Threads - Defender shows actions

2. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yellow icon showing action recommended: I have an issue in my PC. I clicked the yellow alert icon saying action recommended. It run quick scan but it already running like forever and won't stop . What do I need to do?...
  3. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Yellow icon showing action recommended: I have an issue in my PC. I clicked the yellow alert icon saying action recommended. It run quick scan but it already running like forever and won't stop . What do I need to do?...
  4. Yellow icon showing action recommended

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-actions-recommended-but-no/a266784b-d45e-4246-b2c9-5f4f71d024ca
  6. "Actions recommended" but nothing shows up?

"Actions recommended" but nothing shows up?: Essentially what the screenshots show. Idunno what I'm missing [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/actions-recommended-but-nothing-shows-up/fcfd9ea1-9ada-4937-a14b-b8d3c0569d64"
  7. Action Recommended message

Action Recommended message: The Windows Security has been displaying actions recommended for about a week but there is no area behind the tab that has an action needed How do I get rid of the message or locate what is causing it?...
  8. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???: I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my...
  9. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...
  10. Windows Defender - Actions recommended, but everything is fine?

Windows Defender - Actions recommended, but everything is fine?: So I did a fresh install of the latest Insider Preview build, but it seems that defender has a couple of issues? Anyone has any idea what it might be the cause? [img] [img] 101324

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender shows action recommended

2. windows defender showing actions recommended

3. windows defender shows action needed

4. windows defender showing action recommended,
  5. windows defender showing actions recommneded but no actions recommended,
  6. windows defender stuck on actions recommended,
  7. windows defender shows cross but no issues,
  8. vipre actions recommended,
  9. how to take action when windows defender shows action recommended,
  10. device security message not no action needed what to i do,
  11. windows 10 actions recommended virus not seeing vipre,