Windows 10: Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green...

Discus and support Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green across the board. All the seven areas are green. Where is the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FrankCosta5, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green...

Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green across the board. All the seven areas are green. Where is the issue. I can't find it.

:)

FrankCosta5, Dec 22, 2018
  2. lcsant Win User

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

hi All,

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing
    to worry about regarding security.

Any help to identify the issue appreciated, or if someone confirms it's a bug then happy to ignore it till its fixed.

lcsant, Dec 22, 2018
  3. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?

MarcMcgeachie, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green...

Windows Defender Actions Recommended

No dice.

Cumulative Update installed. (yellow actions recommended, even after a couple of reboots - shows as green initially)

Ran the Full Offline Scan (no issues found, initially shows as green)

One BIG clue to the bug is that Windows Defender stayed green until I did ANYTHING that went to the internet. Pop open a browser and it changes to the yellow yield sign within a few minutes. This does point to something networking. Don't know if it was opening
    the browser or coincidence. I suspect coincidence. (will need to test this with better steps)

Found that the Windows Defender Firewall was turned off for both discoverable and non-discoverable networks. (screen shots below) No other settings showed anything but green, and even those (the outer links) showed green until I opened them individually.

Turned them on even though both of those networks are shown as disconnected. A quick scan showed no threats and it DID INDEED go green.

Will it stay green? I'll post back in a bit one way or the other.

Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green... 5871d38e-32c3-472a-b5a7-a6bc3a624e9f.png

Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green... 20ea9031-01ea-48d3-9e2e-9c53e2d9efda.png

Kelly Craven, Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green...

1. Windows defender shows actions recommended, but when I go into the detail, it is green... - Similar Threads - defender shows actions

2. Windows security action recommended but there are only green checkmarks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security action recommended but there are only green checkmarks.: There are only green checkmarks in the windows security app but it still shows yellow in the taskbar. I already tried looking through this thread but didn't find anything that helped....
  3. Windows security action recommended but there are only green checkmarks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security action recommended but there are only green checkmarks.: There are only green checkmarks in the windows security app but it still shows yellow in the taskbar. I already tried looking through this thread but didn't find anything that helped....
  4. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-actions-recommended-but-no/a266784b-d45e-4246-b2c9-5f4f71d024ca
  5. Actions Recommended wont go away when all are green WINDOWS 11

Actions Recommended wont go away when all are green WINDOWS 11: it doesnt go away https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/actions-recommended-wont-go-away-when-all-are/2bbb1458-ce30-4708-af5b-9b436981a870
  6. Windows Security - Still Showing "Actions Recommended" While All are Green

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Security - Still Showing "Actions Recommended" While All are Green: Recently, specifically hours before this post, I noticed that the Windows Security icon is showing a yellow triangle alert. Typically, this means I need to check the Windows Security in case there are yellow areas/sections that need to be addressed. I haven't done anything...
  7. Windows Security - Still Showing "Actions Recommended" While All are Green

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security - Still Showing "Actions Recommended" While All are Green: Recently, specifically hours before this post, I noticed that the Windows Security icon is showing a yellow triangle alert. Typically, this means I need to check the Windows Security in case there are yellow areas/sections that need to be addressed. I haven't done anything...
  8. Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed

Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed: hi All, Windows Defender shows actions recommended but no actions listed when I click it, it shows a exclamation mark inside yellow triangle, but security dashboard is all green. Not sure why Windows defender keeps showing yellow exclamation when there is nothing to worry...
  9. Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???

Windows Defender - "Actions recommended" - but what are they???: I have been using Windows Defender for years, and Microsoft Security Essentials before that. I haven't had any problems with either one-- but in the last day or two the Windows Defender icon in my system tray has been showing a yellow caution sign on it, and if I hover my...
  10. Windows Defender, Actions recommended

Windows Defender, Actions recommended: For two days now I've had the actions recommended on windows defender highlighted. Everything is green in the security details, and I am given no suggestions on what to do to get rid of it. What do I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender shows action recommended