Windows 10: Windows defender shows an deleted threat

Discus and support Windows defender shows an deleted threat in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've tried deleting the files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans but it's not allowing me to, says I don't have the permission.Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leo RAguz, May 22, 2024.

1. Leo RAguz Win User

Windows defender shows an deleted threat

I've tried deleting the files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans but it's not allowing me to, says I don't have the permission.Please help I'm getting frustrated with this poorly made pos.I have tried deleting through powershell and cmd, doesn't work, says denied.

:)

Leo RAguz, May 22, 2024
  2. T_0711 Win User

Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.

How Can i Handle this?.

regards

T_0711, May 22, 2024
  3. Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat

I have downloaded an infected file and as soon as Microsoft Security identified it as a threat, I immediately deleted it. This was a mistake, I guess, because now I have a bug that Security finds this threat even though it is now deleted. I should've deleted it through Security through Start actions > Remove, but it's too late for that now. How do I remove these ghost threats showing up on my Windows Security?

P.S. I have already tried deleting the History folder on the Windows Defender directory, a solution from here: Windows defender shows an deleted threat - Microsoft Community. But I keep getting the message "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder" (refer to the attached image) even though I am the owner and only user of my laptop. I have also tried Offline scan, but to no avail. Also tried deleting logs at Event Viewer, also no effect.

skyflakesv, May 22, 2024
  4. Windows defender shows an deleted threat

WINDOWS DEFENDER IS NOT REMOVING THREATS

I'm having a problem with Windows Defender the threats found after I ran a full scan that last maybe around 10 hours cannot be removed by windows defender. I selected the remove option and it shows processing but after a while
    the threats are still listed and active. I already ran a offline scan and a quick scan but neither fix the problem.

I already ran a secure boot and see if third-party apps are causing the problem but nothing works the threats are still listed and active. I checked the location of the file and manually deleted it even on my recycle bin but
    the threats are still there and labeled as active. This very annoying. I think this is an error in the windows defender part because I installed Malwarebytes and ran a full scan which took a couple of hours and found nothing because like I've said I have deleted
    the file location where the threats are.

lelouch.lamperouge, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Windows defender shows an deleted threat

1. Windows defender shows an deleted threat - Similar Threads - defender shows deleted

2. Windows defender shows an deleted threat

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows defender shows an deleted threat: I've tried deleting the files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans but it's not allowing me to, says I don't have the permission.Please help I'm getting frustrated with this poorly made pos.I have tried deleting through powershell and cmd, doesn't work, says...
  3. Windows defender shows an deleted threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender shows an deleted threat: I've tried deleting the files in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans but it's not allowing me to, says I don't have the permission.Please help I'm getting frustrated with this poorly made pos.I have tried deleting through powershell and cmd, doesn't work, says...
  4. Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender shows deleted Threat: Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.How Can i Handle this?.regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-deleted-threat/c7bb0f46-9b19-4be4-b79b-af80d0a732f5
  5. Windows Defender shows deleted Threat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender shows deleted Threat: Windows Defender keeps Showing an Threat that is Deleted already.How Can i Handle this?.regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-shows-deleted-threat/c7bb0f46-9b19-4be4-b79b-af80d0a732f5
  6. Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat: I have downloaded an infected file and as soon as Microsoft Security identified it as a threat, I immediately deleted it. This was a mistake, I guess, because now I have a bug that Security finds this threat even though it is now deleted. I should've deleted it through...
  7. Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Security/Defender shows a deleted threat: I have downloaded an infected file and as soon as Microsoft Security identified it as a threat, I immediately deleted it. This was a mistake, I guess, because now I have a bug that Security finds this threat even though it is now deleted. I should've deleted it through...
  8. Windows defender shows an deleted threat

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender shows an deleted threat: So i have dowloaded a file and scanned it with virustotal afterwards and deleted the file. However windows defender still thinks the file is there while its not. I have tried to go to protection history and remove it however it simply does nothing as i click it the process...
  9. Windows Defender not showing threats

Windows Defender not showing threats: Windows keeps telling me I have threats, so when I go the the Windows Security section of the Settings app, it says "Threats found. Start the recommended actions." When I click the button "Start actions", the little circle spins and then nothing happens. If I click the button...
  10. No option to delete threats in Windows Defender quarantine.

No option to delete threats in Windows Defender quarantine.: I am not given the option to delete threats in Windows Defender quarantine, please can you tell why or how can I do it... Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/no-option-to-delete-threats-in-windows-defender/ed24a858-9a02-4d5f-97b1-ab003fe1ec5f