Windows 10: windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done

Discus and support windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon (lower right, Windows10) but there are no tasks to be done (all have green checkmarks). What am I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by dar501, Nov 23, 2018.

1. dar501 Win User

windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done

Windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon (lower right, Windows10) but there are no tasks to be done (all have green checkmarks). What am I missing that can leave me vulnerable?!

This issue was addressed on the forum earlier this year but not satisfactorily.

https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/dff2f473-d09a-43da-8008-afb84565a10b

Thank you

:)

dar501, Nov 23, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Press win+i to go to Windows Settings and there go to:

Personalization -> Taskbar -> Notification Area -> Select which Icons appear on the taskbar -> Windows Defender User Interface -> On

windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done pI3uStZ.jpg

windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done ChSkOYs.jpg

Drone, Nov 23, 2018
  4. windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done

Windows 10 Defender - How to make it default to task bar?

Using Windows 10 and currently I am using Defender for anti virus. For whatever reason Windows Defender does not show up in the task bar unless I search for the program or right click and scan a file/folder. Is there a way to force Defender to show up in the task bar at start up?

Flogger23m, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done

1. windows defender shows caution in taskbar icon but there are no tasks to be done - Similar Threads - defender shows caution

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Caution is showing in Windows Security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Caution is showing in Windows Security: I have a Dell computer with windows 11 and no separate video card. When I open windows security I see that memory integrity is turned off. If I try to turn it on it shuts off and says it can't be turned on because there is an incompatible driver. ATIKMPAG.SYS is the driver. I...
  4. Caution is showing in Windows Security

Caution is showing in Windows Security: I have a Dell computer with windows 11 and no separate video card. When I open windows security I see that memory integrity is turned off. If I try to turn it on it shuts off and says it can't be turned on because there is an incompatible driver. ATIKMPAG.SYS is the driver. I...
  5. caution sign on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    caution sign on taskbar: Hi,I have wired connection to the internet and actually have access to internet on my Win7 desktop, but I keep getting a caution triangle sign on my taskbar connection icon stating that no internet access, after restart or ip reset or winsock reset the sign goes away but it...
  6. caution sign on taskbar

caution sign on taskbar: Hi,I have wired connection to the internet and actually have access to internet on my Win7 desktop, but I keep getting a caution triangle sign on my taskbar connection icon stating that no internet access, after restart or ip reset or winsock reset the sign goes away but it...
  7. Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Defender icon not showing up in ^ menu of taskbar: Just fixed a few problems with malware and Windows Defender being disabled. Real time protection is on and everything seems to be working perfectly fine now, but the Windows Defender icon isn't showing in the ^ menu of the taskbar. Is this a problem? I can't remember if it...
  8. Windows Defender Taskbar Icon

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Taskbar Icon: O.k.....I have now updated four W10 laptops to the latest version (1703)......the 1st three are fine, but the fourth one has a minor problem......the Windows Defender icon on the taskbar is not showing the green "everything o.k. tick".....there is nothing else showing, no...
  9. Tasks in the Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Tasks in the Taskbar Icons: [img] Is it possible to remove from the menu the functions (group name: Tasks) that are in the area surrounded by the red rectangle? All I need are the functions under it. Is there a way to rearrange the functions so they are (from the bottom) "Internet...
  10. Taskbar shows icon plus task view description

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar shows icon plus task view description: I just installed Win 10 on my desktop computer. When I first used it to go to a website, it looked just like Win 8.1 – just the icon appeared after clicking and connecting. Then I tried the Show The Task View Button and since then in the task bar I see the icon plus a task...