Windows 10: Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked

Discus and support Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I keep getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access blocked? On my windows 10 pro laptop, I am constantly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lloyd2007, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Lloyd2007 Win User

Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked

I keep getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access blocked?

On my windows 10 pro laptop, I am constantly getting notifications from windows defender about protected folder or memory access being blocked. This is what it looks like. Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked 235507be-1409-4da6-be14-41b6cf448552?upload=true.png I have a Toshiba Portege Z930 and I am getting different notifications about this, such as: SearchIndexer.exe, svchost.exe, dynabookSystemService.exe, iexplore.exe, WinSAT.exe and WINWORD.EXE. I have no idea of what any of these are, so please could someone explain what these are and what they are trying to do. Is there a solution to fix this? Thank you to anyone who answers my question, I would very much appreciate it.

[Original Title: Windows Defender]

:)

Lloyd2007, Oct 10, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows Defender is blocking too much saying it viruses

Hi Sam,

Based on the screenshot that you've provided, Controlled Folder Access is turned on, blocking most apps that you're using. We suggest that you turn it off to allow blocked apps in Windows Defender. Follow the steps below:

• Select Start > Settings.
    • Choose Update & security > Windows Defender.
    • Select Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Select Virus & threat protection, and then choose Virus & threat protection settings.
    • Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
    • Once done, try accessing the apps and see if you can now access them.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post back.

Anne Ros, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Reldel Win User
    Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10  

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked [​IMG]

Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Oct 10, 2020
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What does "Protected folder access blocked" mean?

Hi Ronaldo

Windows 10 Defender has a new security feature called Controlled Folder Access, that is designed to protect your system against Ransomware attacks

Sometimes it will block an application from accessing your personal folders, if you trust the application in question, you can add it to the list of allowed apps through Controlled Folder Access . . .

Open Windows Defender Security Center

Go to Virus & threat protection - Virus & threat protection settings

Scroll down to Controlled folder access

From there, you can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked

Please do not leave Controlled Folder Access turned off permanently

DaveM121, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender shows Protected Memory Access Blocked - Similar Threads - Defender shows Protected

2. Protected Memory Access blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protected Memory Access blocked: Hey, Am I safe?Are they Infected files that are found by windows defender?Are they infected files?I scanned using Malwarebytes and no threats found.Thank you....
  3. Protected memory access blocked relpost.exe and svchost.exe

Protected memory access blocked relpost.exe and svchost.exe: I have been getting these messages lately: 1 Protected memory access blocked RelPost.exe from accessing \Device\HarddiskVolume1 and 2 Protected memory access blocked svchost.exe from accessing \Device\CdRom0.The second message probably is due to the installation of my printer...
  4. New: Everyday protected memory access blocked

New: Everyday protected memory access blocked: I use Windows Defender as my anti-virus. A couple days ago I started getting these notifications of Protected memory access blocked. After searching the block history, all of the apps or processes being blocked are trusted and necessary for smooth operation.My Questions:1-...
  5. Protected memory Access Blocked

Protected memory Access Blocked: I am receiving any 15 minutes the following notification at the minute 59 each hour I received 2 notifications instead : Protected memory Access Blocked LowAny help please?...
  6. taskhostw.exe Protected memory access blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    taskhostw.exe Protected memory access blocked: Hi, I have seen the other posts where the answerer tells the poster to disable CFA or to allow this particular program. However, I don't think these are good answers because:Disabling CFA as a whole will leave the system vulnerable to other actual attacksGetting people into...
  7. Protected Memory access blocked. Unauthorized changes blocked.

Protected Memory access blocked. Unauthorized changes blocked.: I get these notifications all day, every day - started in September - a few a month. Then on Dec. 5th, through now - all day, erryday! What is REALLY goin' on community?...
  8. Protected Memory Access Blocked SSDUpdate.exe

Protected Memory Access Blocked SSDUpdate.exe: Hi all, For the past couple of months, I keep getting a warning in Windows Security that a program called SSDUpdate.exe has been blocked. Going to "Allow an app through Controlled Folder Access", I find this: SSDUpdate.exe...
  9. Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe

Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: DDVDataCollector.exe: Hi, hope someone can help with this please. I am getting the message seen in subject title multiple times a day, can be as much as 30 or 40 times. Have seen previous threads and replies, with some suggesting turning off protected folder restriction etc. Not sure that is the...
  10. Protected memory access blocked/

Protected memory access blocked/: Multiple times a day I'm getting the message. Unauthorized changes blocked Controlled folder blocked C:/...DDVDataCollector from making changes to memory I've run a full scan in windows security, that showed no issues. How can I stop these messages appearing....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Protected memory access blocked App or process blocked: svchost.exe

2. dynabooksystemservice.exe virus?