Windows 10: Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer

Discus and support Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; One installation package experienced issue with Windows Defender giving a Trojan warning.[ATTACH] The “Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl” was reported at one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by WZ123, May 7, 2019.

1. WZ123 Win User

Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer

One installation package experienced issue with Windows Defender giving a Trojan warning. Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer e902c858-5c1c-4f23-81be-57cc2dbe93dd?upload=true.png

The “Trojan:Win32/Fuery.C!cl” was reported at one computer, and others can’t reproduce.

It seems the virus was reported with education win10 and threat definition 1.293.958.0.

It’s ok on EE win10 with threat definition 1.293.1014.0.

:)

WZ123, May 7, 2019

2. Windows defender Trojan repeated warning

I have not yet tried independent scanners or the removal guide from the first post.

I am not sure how or what a good way to access the file is to submit to virustool.

The location for affected items listed by Windows Defender Security Center C:\users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\[6 letter code]\deploy[1].xml does not exist. Presumably this is because Windows Defender quarantined this. I
    presumably would need to restore this to get the file back but I am reluctant to restore something Windows Defender identifies as a threat (for obvious cautionary reasons).

The malware removal guide has an overwhelming amount of information and requires downloading, installing, accepting security warnings etc for 3rd party software that I am not familiar with so I am proceeding cautiously and incrementally and trying not to
    make getting rid of a once per restart annoying message a too time consuming project. I am scanning with Malwarebytes now as a step in this process.

David Tarboton, May 7, 2019
  3. Windows defender Trojan repeated warning

Every time I restart my computer I get a new threats found alert from windows defender. Scan history in Windows Defender Security Center shows in Quarantined threats "Trojan:JS/Runas Severe". This presents the option to Restore or Remove. I selected
    Remove, but next time I restart I get the same warning. If I look at the details in Windows Defender Security Center I see "This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack." Affected items is listed as a file in C:\users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\[6
    letter code]\deploy[1].xml. The folder C:\users\[my username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache does not exist on my computer so I am unable to look deeper into this. The 6 letter code is different for each warning. How do I remove this threat/problem
    permanently so that it does not give a warning each time I restart.

David Tarboton, May 7, 2019
  4. Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer

Windows Defender warning me of multiple Trojan threats each day. Latest is Trojan:win32/skeeyah.A!rfn.

hello guys,

I'm afraid I have the same Trojan as you and it starts getting really crazy. So first I had like 3-5 notice per day from Windows defender this tuesday. i found the files in Local App or Windows folder ( don't remermber) and deleted them by hand cause apparently
    Defender wasn't able to do so even though it was always saying it is deleting the files and showing their location in folder. Then I've used Microsoft Safety Scaner Full scan (around 26!!! hours) and it showed me 3 Trojans which it deleted....But it seems
    not true since I've started today to do full scan by Windows Defender and now it is like crazy popping up every 2 min showing that there is a malware and that it is deleting it....At the same time there is nothing to show in the karanteen or in the list of
    malwares found in the Defender history...I really don't know what to do.

Can you please suggest something? should I go for Norton or AVS or any other antivirus to fight against that Trojan or what?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Veronika

Veronika_1414, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer

1. Windows Defender shows Trojan warning for an installer - Similar Threads - Defender shows Trojan

2. Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender warns about Trojan but Malwarebytes nor the Defender Scan can find one: Yesterday morning running Win11 I got a Defender notice that Trojan:Win32/WinLNK!msr was found. I directed Defender to "Start Actions" and when done I rebooted. Still got the Threat Warning,I then ran each time rebooting before trying the next step the Windows Defender Quick...
  3. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  4. Trojan horse warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan horse warning: I visited a trusted site and then a pop-up appeared on my computer saying that this computer has been blocked for security and then Microsoft support number. Should I be worried and should I use windows prebuilt antivirus to do a proper scan?...
  5. Windows Defender showing this trojan amsiuac: pid:000032B0

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender showing this trojan amsiuac: pid:000032B0: Hi, This virus can be seen in Defender but i do not know what it is and where to find it. Help will be appreciated .[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-showing-this-trojan-amsiuac/67a8977d-5a5c-45d5-b0f2-fa86cce15a6c
  6. Trojan Horse Warning

Trojan Horse Warning: Is 1-888-288-6775 a legitimate Microsoft Support phone number? Had a laoud audio and video warning pop up on my screen saying it was a Trojan Spyware Alert & to contact that number. Is this a hacker scam?...
  7. Windows Defender and Trojan

Windows Defender and Trojan: Hello. I just was alerted by Windows Defender that there was a Trojan on my pc. I removed it and ran a few different anti-virus programs for peace of mind ... My question is- Does Windows Defender catch it before it can do harm? Do I need to go through and change passwords...
  8. Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan

Windows Defender showing WindowsServiceUpdate.exe.part as Trojan: So, this happened [ATTACH] Is this actually a trojan? If yes, then is it actually a Windows file that is corrupt? If not, how do I fix it because it keeps coming back every 8 hours or so....
  9. Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning

Warning - Fake Windows Defender warning: Whilst browsing a what looked like a bona fida Windows Defender warning appeared on full screen, stating I needed to do an immediate scan with link provided, as there were three serious infections on my computer. I immediately closed all open apps, did scans with Defender...
  10. trojan windows defender

trojan windows defender: I change over to windows defender a few months ago and I just had my first fake trojan. I just go to very safe sites and got hit with the fake trojan, sorry, forgot to write any info down. I had seen it before on friends computers and cleaned it out, it wants you to call...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does windows defender see my program as trojan

2. fuery.c!cl