Windows 10: Windows Defender shuts down

Discus and support Windows Defender shuts down in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For some reason, yesterday and again today, Defender has turned OFF for no reason and I can't get it restarted without a restart. Then it will seem to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by weybrew, Apr 16, 2020.

1. weybrew Win User

Windows Defender shuts down

For some reason, yesterday and again today, Defender has turned OFF for no reason and I can't get it restarted without a restart. Then it will seem to start normally only to shut down shortly thereafter. The only change to my PC was been a Windows auto update KB4549951

:)

weybrew, Apr 16, 2020

2. Shutting Down Windows Defender for good.

I need to shut off Windows Defender for good.

I can't have two softwares doing the same job twice, been using Norton since 2000/1 and continue to use it. I need to have Windows Defender shut down for good.

Any suggestions?

Carlos A.Smith, May 23, 2020
  3. Windows Defender problem

Hi Ernst,

To troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you check the Windows Defender service if it's running. If you are using a third party spyware/malware program, it may disable the Windows Defender service. To do this, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R key.
    • Type services.msc.
    • Right-click Windows Defender service and click
      Start.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows Defender shuts down

window defender

• You will want to print these instructions for offline reference -
    IMPORTANT => DON'T SKIP ANY STEP perform all Steps in one uninterrupted session - If a Step says to reboot
    reboot.

Problems starting Windows Defender in Windows 8/8.1/10

Pləase let us know what fixes the problem or if the pяoblem remains.

• `~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender shuts down

1. Windows Defender shuts down - Similar Threads - Defender shuts down

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus shutting down: Whenever I start a scan on my pc windows defender works fine at first but then as it takes up more than 90% of my CPU usage it crashes and says the last scan is not available. It has been doing this for a while and I do not have any other antiviruses installed. I used...
  5. Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Keeps Shutting Down: Whenever I try to run a full system scan windows defender shuts down before it can get very far. Is there a way to fix this? My laptop was updated last night....
  6. Windows Defender has shut down completely

Windows Defender has shut down completely: My Windows defender has shut down complete after the last up date and I have tried all the options that has been listed on the net but none have worked so far it appears that the windows defender file is corrupted and I cannot reload it at all I have tried to do a repair my...
  7. Windows defender shutting everything down

Windows defender shutting everything down: All of a sudden my computer is shutting everything down in the middle of me working and window defender says i have a virus but will not download what am i supposed to do...
  8. Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan

Shut down during Windows Defender offline scan: I have been experiencing random shutdowns. Ran troubleshooters, but found no problems. Ran a Defender quick scan, found no problems. Before doing a full scan, I wanted to try an offline scan, but every time (6 or 7 times now) it gets maybe halfway through the offline scan...
  9. Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender

Uninstalled Avast, but it still shuts down Windows Defender: I've been experimenting with various AV programs. I had installed Avast (free) as a trial, then decided to uninstall it. I used iobit uninstaller. Then I wanted to make sure WD was back in operation but saw the message that Avast was still in control. What can I do to get WD...
  10. Defender shut down

Defender shut down: I have a Asus x75vc Notebook LapTop WIN8, upgraded to Windows 10 Home, and the W.Defender has turned itself off. Is it supposed to be like that? Pandasecurity is the antivirus-program running on the laptop. . 28444