Windows 10: Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up

Discus and support Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can anyone help me figure out why windows defender will not run? Here is the situation: If I restart the PC defender will turn on fine, shortly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Zach_931, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Zach_931 Win User

Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up

Can anyone help me figure out why windows defender will not run? Here is the situation:

If I restart the PC defender will turn on fine, shortly after booting up it shuts itself off. If I click the 'restart' button under the defender icon in the taskbar it 'thinks' for a few minutes and then says there has been an error. I have checked in 'Security and Maintenance' and it lists defender as the anti-virus and says it is disabled.

I've been searching online but nothing so far has fixed the issue, I am the administrator, it is my personal PC and not on a network and there is no third party anti-virus I built the machine myself so the only things on it are things that I've installed or that came as part of the Windows 10 OS.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Zach_931, Apr 16, 2020

2. PC shuts down shortly after boot

Today I had an unusual error that Windows did not start properly and I performed a normal restart. It will shut down now shortly after boot, either at the log in screen or after I log in, approximately just one minute.

Safe mode runs fine so I'm suspecting there are corrupt drivers somewhere. I did a boot log but don't really know how to analyze it. Most of the drivers are up to date but want to be careful about removing them for a clean install.

What are some suggestions for troubleshooting what is going on? I removed some CPU-heavy programs that I installed for class, like TI Code Composer for MCU programming and debugging.

The boot log contained may instances of the following snippet. Sometimes other devices pop up other than Serial IO, but this particular one shows up hundreds of times:

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cmbatt.inf,%acpi\pnp0c0a.devicedesc%;Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cmbatt.inf,%acpi\acpi0003.devicedesc%;Microsoft AC Adapter

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @oem7.inf,%ihswgt2ut%;Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @halextintclpiodma.inf,%intel_lpss_dma%;Intel(R) Serial IO DMA Controller

BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor

dscott0616, Apr 16, 2020
  3. erixx Win User
    Sabertooth 990fx won't boot to windows logo, it shuts down

to boot and enter bios and load windows, any todays PSU (with the correct plugs) will work, AFAIK

to enter BIOS only low wattage is used.
    Then, during boot, the HDD and a bit later the videocard card start to demand juice, then the other devices and periphericals... so the total demand during boot up is incrementing step by step, that's why a failure halfway could indicate a PSU problem....

erixx, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up

do not boot windows 10

Hi Gerald,

We would like to know more about the issue. Did you make any software or hardware changes to the computer? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps so far?

If you haven't done so yet, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10, click this
      link.
    • Try a cold boot. Shut down your device, remove power cord and battery (if available) and wait for about 20 seconds. Then connect battery and power cord and try booting again.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up

1. Windows defender shutting down shortly after PC booting up - Similar Threads - defender shutting down

2. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  3. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  4. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  5. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  6. Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after restarting/shutting down and booting up pc: Exactly what the subject says. Whenever I restart or shut down and boot up my pc, I can see my profiles and log in menu; but after entering the password it shows me a black screen with a cursor. It stays like that for a few hours. After that, its back to normal. Not sure why...
  7. Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot: The Issue: - Self built PC of around 4.5 years old - Started happening yesterday evening - Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ The current status of the issue: it either turns off immediately after booting OR, it'll stay on for anywhere between 1-20 mins...
  8. Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.

Restart or shutting down after booting or while booting up.: I was playing a game and then the computer suddenly restart, again and again after booting up and even while booting up. I already unchacked the automatic boot up setting in msconfig before because it happened already. But now, it happened again. I even try the bootrec...
  9. PC shuts down shortly after boot

PC shuts down shortly after boot: Today I had an unusual error that Windows did not start properly and I performed a normal restart. It will shut down now shortly after boot, either at the log in screen or after I log in, approximately just one minute. Safe mode runs fine so I'm suspecting there are...
  10. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on: Hello I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem. I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after buying it i got a replacement as every time when i was shutting down the pc with the button on the case the pc wouldnt turn on...