Windows 10: Windows Defender Skipping Files Yet No Exclusions

Discus and support Windows Defender Skipping Files Yet No Exclusions in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, After doing a routine Windows Defender scan it tells me that it excluded an object. However, when I press on the supposed list of exclusions it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nagiljeh, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Skipping Files Yet No Exclusions

Hello,

After doing a routine Windows Defender scan it tells me that it excluded an object. However, when I press on the supposed list of exclusions it is completely empty. Indeed, I have never myself excluded something. This happen both during Quick and Full scans. I have done an Offline-scan but I never seem to get any feedback from them. This is freaking me out as it feels as if there might be some kind of malware trying to disguise itself. I do find it a bit odd that I would have gotten a malware on that machine since I am very careful with my usage on it. Any tips or insight would be appreciated. Thank you for reading.

submitted by /u/Nagiljeh
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nagiljeh, Mar 10, 2020
  2. Ryan Mon1 Win User

Unable to Remove Exclusions from Windows Defender

Thank you for posting back. If you trust a file, file type, folder, or a process that Windows Defender Antivirus has detected as malicious, you can stop Windows Defender Antivirus from alerting you or blocking the program by adding the file to
    the exclusion list. It seems that it was added automatically. We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Go to Settings and select Update & security.
    • Click Windows Defender.
    • Look for Exclusions and select Add an exclusion.
    • Navigate to the file, folder, or process, and select Exclude this file.

If the steps provided did not work, we recommend that you boot your device to
    Safe Mode
    and redo the process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 10, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Exclusion list

I've tried a full scan. At the end of the scan a notification has came and said that " Scan has been completed, 0 treats found, Windows defender skipped those(showing list) files as your exclusion settings .." Quick scan also says the same.. I'll try for
    a clean boot later.

TharangaSisira, Mar 10, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Defender Skipping Files Yet No Exclusions

Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Skipping Files Yet No Exclusions

1. Windows Defender Skipping Files Yet No Exclusions - Similar Threads - Defender Skipping Files

2. windows defender exclusions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender exclusions: My excluded list does not show up..so i cannot remove an added exclusion.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-exclusions/86936ada-950c-4a94-8bc3-28269b62a257
  3. Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings

Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings: I changed something in the Protection against blackmail programs and now the system brings up a notification while scanning Windows Defender skipped an item due to exclusions or network protection settings I don’t know what I have changed. How to sort it out?...
  4. Windows Defender skipping over files.

Windows Defender skipping over files.: I keep getting the message that Windows Defender skips over files while scanning after updating it, there are no exclusions that are showing. Is anybody else having this problem?...
  5. Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scanning

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scanning: But there is nothing in the exclusion list? I've run Malwarebytes too and it detected nothing. I'm paranoid help. submitted by /u/nirvanaoohnana [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flvw7i/windows_defender_scan_said_it_skipped_something/
  6. Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scan..but nothing is...

Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scan..but nothing is...: Already did sfc /scannow, came clean. No errors in event viewer relating to it. Flushed DNS. Nothing.. is it another bug from the animalware update today? Edit: Malwarebytes free didn't pick anything up either. Anyone else experiencing this? submitted by /u/Codeboy3423...
  7. Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scan..but nothing is...

Windows Defender scan said it skipped something in the exclusion after scan..but nothing is...: Already did sfc /scannow, came clean. No errors in event viewer relating to it. Flushed DNS. Nothing.. is it another bug from a update today? submitted by /u/Codeboy3423 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows defender skipping file

Windows defender skipping file: Earlier today, during a full system scan windows defender quarantined a file. Whilst choosing actions for the file I accidentally clicked on 'restore' instead of 'delete'. I did a full system scan again but this time windows defender skipped the file. There's nothing in the...
  9. Windows Defender ignoring exclusions

Windows Defender ignoring exclusions: I have exclusions set up on several folders I don't want Windows Defender to scan. It seems that Windows Defender is ignoring that setting and is scanning and quarantining files in those folders anyway. Is there a reason this is happening and is there a way to fix it?...
  10. Odd exclusions in Windows Defender

Odd exclusions in Windows Defender: Hi all. I just ran a quick scan as I frequently do and discovered a bunch of exclusions that I did not add with the exception of the one for Malwarebytes. Did Windows do this itself? Can these be safely removed? Lastly since I mentioned it, is the Malwarebytes exclusion...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender skiping items but nothing in exclusion list

2. windows defender antivirus skipping files