Windows 10: windows defender slow/update,if at all

Discus and support windows defender slow/update,if at all in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; windows defender is amazingly slow in updating on my surface pro with win10. what is the issue with this arrangement? It has never been quick but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AnnaDeak-Phillips, Aug 9, 2019.

1. windows defender slow/update,if at all

windows defender is amazingly slow in updating on my surface pro with win10. what is the issue with this arrangement? It has never been quick but several attempts are required to update. This makes for an exposed pc. any input would be helpful.

:)

AnnaDeak-Phillips, Aug 9, 2019

2. Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 9, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    SEtting up automatic updates for windows defender on windows 8

I have found this on the internet en have set up a task for automatic definitions update for Windows Defender but a window pops up when this starts to run.
    Is there a way to set this without any window popping up so that it just runs in the background?

Now I'm using
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC

I'm currrently using it as described here:
    https://forum.raymond.cc/threads/let-your-windows-8-defender-update-itself-automatically.34359/

P4-630, Aug 9, 2019
  4. windows defender slow/update,if at all

Defender updates no longer shown

Sorry but I just want to see Defender updates listed in my update history. Updates for office 2010 etc are shown so why not Windows Defender?

ThomasLangford, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

windows defender slow/update,if at all

1. windows defender slow/update,if at all - Similar Threads - defender slow update

2. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates: There are a lot of windows updates and my laptop doesn't have very good specs so its really laggy and slow Things like anti malware executable and cryptographic services take up 100% disk and slow everything I really want to stop it from using it or run at all pls help i dont...
  3. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates: There are a lot of windows updates and my laptop doesn't have very good specs so its really laggy and slow Things like anti malware executable and cryptographic services take up 100% disk and slow everything I really want to stop it from using it or run at all pls help i dont...
  4. I want to stop all windows defender antivirus and malware defender updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable and Uninstall all Windows Defender Updates: I have issues with programming radios on a statewide system and I think I have narrowed the issue down to Windows Defender. I recently reset my laptop, and disabled automatic updates right away. Now I see that the windows defender is still updating itself. How do I...
  6. windows defender wont update at all

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender wont update at all: windows defender wont update at all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-wont-update-at-all/a477fcb3-37f4-4133-8a6c-835a20e056dd"
  7. windows defender slow downs

windows defender slow downs: Just my two cents worth but I know for a fact defender does slow down downloads. I have spectrum 400 mbps and with defender running it will download anywhere from 80mbps to perhaps 200. Turning off defender I download at the speed of 375mbps upward to 425mbps, quite the...
  8. Windows Defender slowing everything

Windows Defender slowing everything: We have had 4-5 users over the last 2 business days reporting extreme system slowness all of a sudden. This appears to be cause by the ‘antimalware service executeable’ in task manager, using high CPU and Disk write capacity (up to 150MB/s). This makes our affected laptops...
  9. Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update

Windows Defender Security Centre slow since 1803 update: Has anyone else noticed Windows Defender Security Centre taking a while to get information after boot up since 1803? 111073
  10. Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable downloading of all Windows Defender Updates?: Hi, is there a way to disable downloading or opt-out of all Windows Defender Updates through Windows Update? I don't understand why M$ updates Windows Defender multiple times per day and I'd rather update Windows Defender manually. Thanks. 9137

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows defender slowing everything down

2. windows defender very slow checking for updates windows 10

3. windows 8 defender antivirus slow

4. windows defender update to slow