Windows 10: Windows Defender Slowing Down the Windows 10 Startup

Discus and support Windows Defender Slowing Down the Windows 10 Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Whenever I try to start my computer which is on a fast SSD, the Windows Defender app consumes much of the Ram and SSD just to make it run much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Siamak Ensafi, May 31, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Slowing Down the Windows 10 Startup

Hello,

Whenever I try to start my computer which is on a fast SSD, the Windows Defender app consumes much of the Ram and SSD just to make it run much less faster. It takes a few minutes to cool down. I was wondering if there is a way to delay these tests so that it doesn't make my startup slow? I mean it must be doing a startup checkup that does slow my computer down.

:)

Siamak Ensafi, May 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    95Viper, May 31, 2020
  4. Jborg Win User

Windows Defender Slowing Down the Windows 10 Startup

windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

10 Tips for SSD Optimization in Windows 7 - Part 1

Looks to be similar to this: SSD Optimization for your Windows Gaming PC and Tips and Tricks

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Slowing Down the Windows 10 Startup

1. Windows Defender Slowing Down the Windows 10 Startup - Similar Threads - Defender Slowing Down

2. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  3. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow startup and slow shut down help: Hi guys,So I have some problems with my PC. There was a point in time where my PC couldn't shut down properly and each time i pressed shut down from windows, it keeps rebooting. My fix to that was to fiddle with something from the registry where I had to uncheck something. It...
  4. Slow startup and slow shut down help

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 slow startup: Hi,My windows 10 boots very slowly. I don't have anything in startup folder. Overall the windows 10 is good only the problem is it boots very slowly. I recently reset my windows 10. I have ran sfc/scannow, ran chkdsk and also ran memory diagnostic. I have updated all drivers...
  6. windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 slow startup: the ongoing anomaly of windows 10 slow startup....I reduced the problem from 5 minutes or more to 90 seconds by doing 2 things mentioned in other fixes by users on this site...windows o/s will confound me till the end of time A layman's solution....criticism not...
  7. Windows 10 Slow startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Slow startup: HP Laptop 15-bs0xx with HDD hard drive and Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 single graphics, windows startup has gone from less than 30 seconds to nearly 5 minutes. I have already tried several methods such as 1) disabling the unnecessary startups programs 2) freeing enough free...
  8. windows defender slow downs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender slow downs: Just my two cents worth but I know for a fact defender does slow down downloads. I have spectrum 400 mbps and with defender running it will download anywhere from 80mbps to perhaps 200. Turning off defender I download at the speed of 375mbps upward to 425mbps, quite the...
  9. windows 10 slow startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 slow startup: I have issues in startup its taking too much time with black screen before login. I checked event viewer to see what is taking that much time and that was the result: This application took longer than usual to start up, resulting in a performance degradation in the system...
  10. Windows Defender slows down my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender slows down my PC: Hi, Whenever I open any folder with lots of software programs than Windows Defender start taking more thing 50% of CPU usage, continuously. I know that it might be scanning them, but every time? It slows down PC too much that the icon of the program takes too much time...