Windows 10: Windows Defender slows down my PC

Discus and support Windows Defender slows down my PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I open any folder with lots of software programs than Windows Defender start taking more thing 50% of CPU usage, continuously. I know... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Akash, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Akash Win User

Windows Defender slows down my PC

Hi,

Whenever I open any folder with lots of software programs than Windows Defender start taking more thing 50% of CPU usage, continuously. I know that it might be scanning them, but every time?

It slows down PC too much that the icon of the program takes too much time to load. If it had slowed down it once than I won't bother about it but it happens every time, unless I've disabled real time protection.

So, is there any way to stop it from using more than half of CPU usage?

:)

Akash, Aug 14, 2015

2. Windows Defender Slowing my Computer

hello,

recently updated windows defender is slowing down my computer and blocking many application from connecting to internet. like skype, google chrome. when I disable it every thing works fine, but when enables, everything slows down.

please help.

[Original Title: windows defender]

MoussaCHERFA, Aug 14, 2015
  3. How can I deactivate the Windows Defender

Original Title: Windows Defender

Please tell me how can I deactivate the Windows Defender. I have got Mc Affee to protect my device and it's doing a good job, I don't need a second scan, as it's slowing down my PC and this is very annoying. Please tell me what to do step by step. Thank
    you!

angelicastefan, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Windows Defender slows down my PC

TairikuOkami, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Akash Win User
    It would be better if I could do something without installing any other program. *Smile

And by the way, about antivirus- I'll buy Quick Heal antivirus but maybe after some months, till then I need to keep this antivirus and btw, I don't like Panda AV. Windows Defender slows down my PC :p

By the way, thank you for sharing your thought. *Smile

Akash, Aug 14, 2015
  6. Borg 386 Win User
    Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows Defender slows down my PC

1. Windows Defender slows down my PC - Similar Threads - Defender slows down

2. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is slowing down: So my Dell Optiplex 7040 has been through a lot and has been slowing down with Windows 10. Please help me with getting Windows back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-slowing-down/7db918f1-5fe3-4923-aad1-292846a43f1f
  3. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is slowing down: So my Dell Optiplex 7040 has been through a lot and has been slowing down with Windows 10. Please help me with getting Windows back to normal. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-slowing-down/7db918f1-5fe3-4923-aad1-292846a43f1f
  4. My pc is slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Update slows down my pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update slows down my pc: Hi, I am an old user of windows 10, I updated my pc from win10 version 1909 to 20H2 in the month of March. The update was successful and my pc was normal as beforeupdating, but when I check for updates in the windows update settings page the available updates takes nearly 6-8...
  6. Windows updates slow my PC down

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows updates slow my PC down: So today I was going to record a YouTube video, when I noticed something wasn't right, the fps boost client was getting 50% less fps then normal, and when I tried running the recorder, when I hit record the entire recording app crashed.I checked task manager to see what was...
  7. PC slows down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slows down: My Lenovo Windows 10 laptop bought in 2016 is very slow, ittakes a lot of time to load or open any folder and I am not able to know its cause. I have tried deleting temporary files in temp and %temp% folders but after some time, it again starts slowing down. It is free of...
  8. Slow down of PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow down of PC: After upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, I observed that when I open any word file Microsoft word 2010 by PC become slow. For few particular word files my PC become terribly slow and it does not function properly. What is the reason for this and is there any solution?...
  9. windows defender slow downs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender slow downs: Just my two cents worth but I know for a fact defender does slow down downloads. I have spectrum 400 mbps and with defender running it will download anywhere from 80mbps to perhaps 200. Turning off defender I download at the speed of 375mbps upward to 425mbps, quite the...
  10. pc slowing down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc slowing down: Hello I have problem with my laptop.I bought my laptop about a month ago and it was very fast but after this one month it started to slow down and it gets slower and slower and i dont know whats happening ..... My laptop is supposed to be fast but something happened and now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does windows defender slow down pc

2. would windows defender slow down my seagate backup plus?