Windows 10: Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers

Discus and support Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We have several dozen customers reporting that SmartScreen is blocking our website. We cannot recreate the issue, but have verified that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by jbrad95706, May 14, 2020.

1. Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers

Hello,

We have several dozen customers reporting that SmartScreen is blocking our website. We cannot recreate the issue, but have verified that the reports are accurate. We are asking customers that report the issue to take the steps to report it as a false positive using the instructions provided by Microsoft.

Unfortunately, the problem is not going away, and every day we have a few more customers contact us. I have tried to contact MS, but I get transferred all over the place, and nobody knows what to do or where to send me for support.

I can only hope that I'm just not looking in the right place because my CIO is all over me on this one... rightfully so.

Thank you for reading my post.

:)

jbrad95706, May 14, 2020
  2. Smeed Win User
    Smeed, May 14, 2020
  3. Windows defender smartscreen

Every time i go to install a application on my windows 10 it keeps getting Blocked by the windows defender smartscreen security is there anyone that can help me please i’ve tried turning off the windows defender smartscreen but i’m still have no look hope
    someone can please help

{ paulcleaver }, May 14, 2020
  4. Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers

Windows Defender SmartScreen won't let me download ANYTHING.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Which browser you are using to download the application?
    2. What is the complete error message appears on your computer screen when you click on download?

We can try and perform few steps and see if it helps.

Step 1: You can refer the Microsoft article related

Windows Defender SmartScreen
    under the section
    how can I download files reported as unsafe by Windows Defender SmartScreen in Internet Explorer 10 or Microsoft Edge.

Step 2: Try to disable SmartScreen.

1. Press Windows + S on your keyboard.
    2. Click on Internet Options.
    3. When the Internet Properties window opens, go to the
      Security tab and click Custom level.
    4. Locate the Miscellaneous section. Now, locate Use
      SmartScreen Filter option
      and set it to disable. Click OK to save changes.
    5. You can disable SmartScreen by going to the
      advanced tab and unchecking the Enable SmartScreen Filter option. After doing that, click
      Apply and OK to save changes.
    6. Restart your computer to effect the settings.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers

1. Windows Defender SmartScreen is blocking a small number of customers - Similar Threads - Defender SmartScreen blocking

2. Can we customize the SmartScreen block page for unsanctioned apps somehow ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can we customize the SmartScreen block page for unsanctioned apps somehow ?: Hi there,I just want to know if we can customize the SmartScreen block page generated by the CASB solution. Or in any case change the Big Red block Screen and customize the page a bit....
  3. Microsoft Defender smartscreen unwanted blocking of app

Microsoft Defender smartscreen unwanted blocking of app: "microsoft defender smartscreen tagged an app as an unwanted app and wife accepted it and deleted it I need that app but cant get it back as its blocked"how do i get it unblocked* Moved from Community Participation Center...
  4. Windows defender SmartScreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows defender SmartScreen: Bonjour,J'ai un gros soucis avec SmartScreen il consomme en permanence entre 25 et 30% de ressources processeur sans que le PC ne fasse quoi que ce soit.Comment puis-je faire pour stopper ce process?...
  5. defender smartscreen

defender smartscreen: im trying to download a file and run it but everytime i do it says unverified publisher and wont let me i disabled everything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-smartscreen/d22f5060-47dd-4724-aebc-0662fafe1aac
  6. Windows Defender Smartscreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Defender Smartscreen: Windows Defender SmartScreen is constantly using 13-16% of my CPU resources. Is this normal? Seems to be bogging my computer down. Task manager shows Very High power usage and Very High power usage trend. This doesn't seem appropriate for a function that operates in the...
  7. Windows defender smartscreen

Windows defender smartscreen: Every time i go to install a application on my windows 10 it keeps getting Blocked by the windows defender smartscreen security is there anyone that can help me please i’ve tried turning off the windows defender smartscreen but i’m still have no look hope someone can please...
  8. Windows Defender SmartScreen

Windows Defender SmartScreen: We are developing an application and singing both the executable/dlls as well as the installer with an EV code-signing certificate. Our application recently we began being flagged by Windows Defender SmartScreen despite having the EV certificate. It passes the Windows App...
  9. MS Edge Browser Windows Defender Smartscreen (Warn vs Block)?

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge Browser Windows Defender Smartscreen (Warn vs Block)?: I just read a tutorial on how to set the SmartScreen filter for Edge. I see the settings to either Warn or Block. I also see images there on how the blocked content would look like. I went to the Demo page and done a few tests and gave me the same blocked content looking...
  10. Windows Defender/SmartScreen

Windows Defender/SmartScreen: Why does Windows Defender/SmartScreen detect the AMTSO Test Web sites Phishing test page one day and then I try another day and it WILL NOT detect it? What is going on? I do not want a 3rd party A/V product, but we need consistent and strong protection. Thanks, Karl...