Windows 10: Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?

Discus and support Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jackson321, Feb 4, 2021.

1. Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?

Hi,

I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation I noticed that both OneDrive icons in the task window have red warning signs. I click each of them and the usual OneDrive screen opens showing recent changes but at the top is a bright red warning sign below saying:

"Signs of ransomware detected. Windows Defender Antivirus found and removed a threat. Wait until OneDrives is up to date, and then select Restore to restore the files that ransomware encryted."

The problem is that I have no idea what files were encrypted and what threat was detected.

The 'Ransomware Protection' panel in "Windows Security" offers an equally cryptic message under each of the OneDrive instances listed under "Ransomware data recovery":
    "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware"

How do I find out:

1 what the threat was and how it has been dealt with

2 which files Windows believes have been affected

Thanks

: Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files? a1f991c8-e551-4e4d-b9e7-8590fddab450?upload=true.jpg

:)

Jackson321, Feb 4, 2021
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

lol

Solaris17, Feb 4, 2021
  3. trparky Win User
    Say goodbye to ransomware with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Yes, ransomware will be a thing of the past with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update thanks to something called "Controlled Folder Access" in Windows Defender.

Windows 10 will hide your important files from ransomware soon | The Verge

These are protections for your files against ransomware at the kernel and Windows Defender level. Rest easy, your files are safe.

About damn time Microsoft!

trparky, Feb 4, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?

OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

Source: OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender takes ransomware protection one step further - Microsoft Tech Community - 188001

Brink, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files?

1. Windows Defender - "Some of your files have been affected by ransomware" - but which files? - Similar Threads - Defender files been

2. Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user: Hello,for a couple of days or maybe even weeks I noticed that in my recent files list in Windows Explorer several files appear which I did not actively open. At this moments there are 13 of these files in my list. All of these files seem to be on OneDrive.This concerns me in...
  3. Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files list shows files which have not been opened by user: Hello,for a couple of days or maybe even weeks I noticed that in my recent files list in Windows Explorer several files appear which I did not actively open. At this moments there are 13 of these files in my list. All of these files seem to be on OneDrive.This concerns me in...
  4. "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation I noticed that both OneDrive icons in the task window have red warning signs. I click each of them and the usual OneDrive...
  5. File have been Scanned in Windows Defender

File have been Scanned in Windows Defender: I know we don't have access to what a quick scan does on a consistent basis, but is there a way of retroactively seeing what was included in said scan? Log files, .cab, etc.? And were would those be located/ what is the preferred way of reading those? Thank you! [Original...
  6. my system affected by some type of ransomware

my system affected by some type of ransomware: type of all files changes automatically in efji if i try to format pc and install new iso file but that file also affected so what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-system-affected-by-some-type-of-ransomware/8d6c04ac-b9cf-4455-b56a-74664ea7bf7a
  7. Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved

Windows defender: can't restore files that have been moved: I moved a few files between my hard drives and windows defender removed them so i went to restore them but clicking restore didnt do anything...
  8. Affected by Ransomware Krusop

Affected by Ransomware Krusop: ATTENTION! Don't worry, you can return all your files! All your files like photos, databases, documents and other important are encrypted with strongest encryption and unique key. The only method of recovering files is to purchase decrypt tool and unique key for you. This...
  9. Ransomware affects Windows Activation

Ransomware affects Windows Activation: Hallo, I saw a post about Ransomware now focusing on Windows Activation which started from early Aug until now and i'm using Win 7 and linux mint as dual boot and i want to know when will this Ransomware come to an end? Thank you Kindly! [Original Title: Ransomware]...
  10. OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive Files Restore and Windows Defender ransomware protection: At the beginning of April, OneDrive announced new protection capabilities that offer Office 365 Home and Office 365 Personal subscribers additional peace of mind including the ability to recover files from malicious attacks like ransomware and new tools to help keep your...