Windows 10: Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

Discus and support Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, So I had this problem whenever I clicked "Start Action" button on Windows Defender. It didn't do anything, it freezes for 3 sec and still didn't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TrueMu, May 25, 2019.

1. TrueMu Win User

Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

Okay, So I had this problem whenever I clicked "Start Action" button on Windows Defender. It didn't do anything, it freezes for 3 sec and still didn't do anything. I tried restarting and it didn't work. I found the "threat" in Appdata > Local > Temp. Please Help

* Moved from Win 10/Files

:)

TrueMu, May 25, 2019
  2. Chatman99 Win User

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

Windows Defender is telling me "Virus & threat protection. Threats found. Start the recommended actions." There is a button below, which says "Start actions". Clicking this button has no effect. Should I just ignore it?

I'm on Windows 10 Pro, version 1703.

Chatman99, May 25, 2019
  3. Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

This solves the issue with the found problems, but the button still does not work and sometimes the button says "Restart" and Windows Defender stays in the "Actions needed" state forever.

AdrianCigher, May 25, 2019
  4. Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

Windows Defender "Start Actions" Button Not Working

After installing KB890830 & KB4040724 and running a "Windows Defender Security Center" "Scan" manually:

Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working 52ddedaf-1208-4481-b575-519878dc15b7.png

If you go back to the defender main page, "Start Actions" button is now gone

Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working 3ee3cb14-4a44-4f4c-8988-dfbdbc3ae9bf.png

RFAutomationUser, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

1. Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working - Similar Threads - Defender Start Action

2. Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender "Start Action" button not working: Okay, So I had this problem whenever I clicked "Start Action" button on Windows Defender. It didn't do anything, it freezes for 3 sec and still didn't do anything. I tried restarting and it didn't work. I found the "threat" in Appdata > Local > Temp. Please Help...
  3. Start (Windows) Button not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start (Windows) Button not working: My Windows button Start Menu on my Dell Laptop stopped working and is unresponsive to any clicks. I am unable to access software and other major functionalities on my computer due to this. I tried updating Windows 10 version as well, but after many hours of preparing and...
  4. Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!

Start(Windows) button not working!!!!!!: Start menu in Windows 10 Home is not opening(From both keyboard and display button). I have tried all ways and solutions given on the previously asked same question. Still not working!!!...
  5. Start button not working

Start button not working: Start button not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/start-button-not-working/741d7bdb-1055-48ee-9aa2-d32cef6e6830
  6. Start Button Not Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working?: What steps should be taken to diagnose a Windows 10 start button not working? 48746
  7. start button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    start button not working: I did the upgrade and know my start window wont work I cant get to the apps or shortcut windows*Mad 23819
  8. Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start button, action centre, settings and task manger not working!: Hi, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 Home (64bit) from Windows 7 Home (64bit). I am having problems that I cannot find a fix to in the common faults section. As in the title, my start button is not working. The action center, settings and task manager are not working...
  9. Start button and action center button lose functionality

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button and action center button lose functionality: We had a power outage earlier this week which shut down my PC. Upon restart, the 'normal' error screen that 'Windows encountered an error and didn't shutdown correctly' (Safe Mode screen) never appeared and it seemed to boot normally. Ever since, even after a couple of...
  10. Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button Not Working (And Cortana, Search, Action Center): I know many people are having this issue. I updated from Windows 7. I restarted my computer after everything running fine this Saturday morning, and now the Start Button, Cortana, Search, and Action Center are unresponsive when clicked. I've tried a lot of the fixes I've read...