Windows 10: Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the...

Discus and support Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It all happen sudden, just yesterday it was working fine the only thing i think that caused this is a trojan from a usb drive but windows defender... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Franciszzxxcc, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the...

It all happen sudden, just yesterday it was working fine the only thing i think that caused this is a trojan from a usb drive but windows defender already quaraitine it and for some reason i cant delete it, then the day after the windows defender became unknown, windows update is fine so as the scan, but the real time protection and the security intelligence is not working as supposed to be. I tried sfc scan, registry, scanning from malwarebytes and uninstall it, restared a few time, but none seems working. im panicking and i dont know what else to do, its not a group policy problem because you can click the on button on real time protection but it will only revert to off, same as others, checking updates in security intelligence do nothing, i wont get any updates and the status is unknown too. Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the... ae4bab9f-71fe-478c-b54c-91c675903742?upload=true.png Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the... fdb539d1-a3bf-4cbe-8d17-0504923e2055?upload=true.png Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the... 94c7ed17-0c8d-4e37-be66-051455e10cb3?upload=true.png Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the... 301eb717-b4ab-4d43-9631-580e27daedf8?upload=true.png

:)

Franciszzxxcc, Jan 19, 2020

2. Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on - it detects another anti-virus product.

Windows Defender realtime scanning will not switch on, and the message suggests there is another anti-virus product present but if there is it does show up in Window 10 UI.

The long story is that I am troubleshooting a problem with application software. The manufacturer suggest removing Bitdefender because there product is incompatible. I thought I would give this a try, if only to element Bitdefender as a cause.

Firstly, I upgraded from Bitdefender 2016 to 2017 to see if that made a difference. The application still failed so I decided to try removal.

• I used the standard uninstall to remove Bitdefender 2017, rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I download the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017, ran it then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I checked the file system and all Bitdefender files have been deleted.
    • I check the registry and found a couple of references to Bitdefender Wallet, then deleted these.
    • I rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection
    • I reran the uninstall application for Bitdefender 2017 then rebooted but Windows Defender would not start realtime protection because another product was providing realtime protection.
    I can find no traces of Bitdefender so I wonder why Windows Defender detects another anti-virus software. I've check other posts but couldn't find additional steps for uninstalling an anti-virus software. Any suggestions?

Moved from Windows 10

SystemOfTheWorld, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Windows defender realtime protection

Activate realtime protection on windows defender an cloud delivered

nancydrew40, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the...

Realtime Protection

When I do Windows Defender update, the realtime protection turns off. Why?

MichelleDraper, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the...

1. Windows Defender Status: Unknown, Realtime protection cant be turned on and same as the... - Similar Threads - Defender Status Unknown

2. Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and threat protection settings UNKNOWN and many settings including realtime...: I've tried absolutely everything, but one difference is that I think I know where the problem originated. There is another thread on this and the answer was to "Full scan three times and restart after everyone scanned".I tried this and it did not work. Plus it was a massive...
  3. Realtime protection not working

Realtime protection not working: the windows defender is not working in my pc. The real time protection is turned off . And i have tried to turn it on but it is not working. what should i do?...
  4. "Unknown" status under "Virus & Threat protection"

"Unknown" status under "Virus & Threat protection": Hi, I had asked this question more than a year ago, but I received zero feedback, so I want to try again: I am using Win 10 Home ver 20H2 build 19042.867. When I open the Windows Security window, under the "Virus & Threat protection", it reads "Unknown". When I try to...
  5. "Unknown" status under "Virus & Threat protection"

"Unknown" status under "Virus & Threat protection": Hi, I am using Win 10 Home ver 1903 build 18362.959. I have a problem with Windows Security App: When I open the Windows Security window, under the "Virus & Threat protection", it reads "Unknown". When I try to turn on the Real-time protection using "Virus & Threat...
  6. Windows Defender Cant turn on rela time protections

Windows Defender Cant turn on rela time protections: [ATTACH] I cant turn on my realtime protection. when i click on it always back to off [ATTACH] And whne i try to quickscan my device it wont work and still not running [ATTACH] And when i try to update my protection it wont work [ATTACH] How to solve thos...
  7. Windows defender realtime protection

Windows defender realtime protection: Activate realtime protection on windows defender an cloud delivered https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-realtime-protection/4faf89dc-d0cb-4c6c-8d81-d1c513e4b8ab"
  8. Realtime protection will not turn on

Realtime protection will not turn on: Realtime protection on Defender will not turn on ' tried everything suggested ' my question is can I uninstall Defender and reinstall to fix' https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/realtime-protection-will-not-turn-on/404a658c-df32-4143-b87b-a487087ab869
  9. Defender & cant turn on real time protection

Defender & cant turn on real time protection: Hello In Virus Threat & protection settings Real Time protection & Cloud Delivered Protection is off with a message that this is managed by your administrator (I am the admin) I think I have the residual bits of of a malware or virus scanner free program I tried a few...
  10. Windows Defender Realtime Protection

Windows Defender Realtime Protection: I've downloaded a file, but windows defender detected a malware on that file.But the file is absolutely clean from any virus.I want to turn off the realtime protection but it can't.Please help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender protection status unknown

2. windows defender unknown error virus portection is off

3. windows defender unknown protection

4. windows defender unknown status