Windows 10: Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given?

Discus and support Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been trying to run a few different games and play them with my brother over our LAN connection. When I host the game, he can't see it. When he... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MichaelNol421, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given?

I've been trying to run a few different games and play them with my brother over our LAN connection. When I host the game, he can't see it. When he hosts, I can see it, but when I try to connect it fails. I'm no computer expert, but I looked at the Windows Defender rules and noticed that there were rules allowing the games INCOMING LAN permissions but not outgoing ones. This would seem to be a reasonable explanation for the failure to me, but I added rules to give the games outgoing permissions and still had the same results. Did I just create the new rules poorly in my ineptitude, or could there be another problem/solution?

:)

MichaelNol421, Sep 13, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Good LAN party games?

Most of my suggestions have already been listed.

However, I found Swat4 to actually be a pretty fun LAN game, especially at smaller LAN parties.

newtekie1, Sep 13, 2019
  3. Windows Defender Blocks Game from writing to User file.

After the most recent upgrade to Windows 10, Defender blocks the game CNC3 from writing to the user file. CNC3 wants to store data there as to game state and levels. When I disable Defender the game works fine. I tried a few changes in permissions
    but apparently they did not work. CNC3 has been working for over a year on this machine with Windows 10.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thank you

OutlookE-Mail, Sep 13, 2019
  4. Reldel Win User

Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given?

Turn On Windows Defender Block Suspicious Behaviors in Windows 10

The DWORD is set to 0 and I cannot get the process you suggested in the "NOTE" portion of the tutorial to work. Two attached screen shoots will show the before and after attempts to change the Permissions necessary for access to the DWORD change.
    Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given? [​IMG]

Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given? [​IMG]

Access is denied. (Note-Protected folder in Defender is turned off)

Reldel, Sep 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given?

1. Windows Defender Still Blocking LAN Connection for Games After Permission is Given? - Similar Threads - Defender Still Blocking

2. Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop: We have several Windows 10 laptops at home with Minecraft Bedrock installed and like to play games together on our home network. One of these laptops can no longer host games on the LAN. The only changes I know of are some Windows updates that were applied to this device, and...
  3. Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something is blocking incoming Minecraft LAN connections to Windows 10 laptop: We have several Windows 10 laptops at home with Minecraft Bedrock installed and like to play games together on our home network. One of these laptops can no longer host games on the LAN. The only changes I know of are some Windows updates that were applied to this device, and...
  4. Windows Defender no longer asking for connection permissions. even after reset to default...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Defender no longer asking for connection permissions. even after reset to default...: I'm certain that at one point Windows behaved in a way that whenever an application that utilizes Internet attempted to access Internet, windows would prompt the user to allow or deny.This was a great way to intuitively teach the firewall what to block and what to allow...
  5. child still can't download google chrome app after permission given

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    child still can't download google chrome app after permission given: I have granted permission to allow for my child to download the google app but every time they go to try and open the app is again pops the window up to ask for permission? Am I missing a step after giving them access?...
  6. Minecraft LAN games - Unable to Connect errors.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft LAN games - Unable to Connect errors.: We have 5 computers in the house: Mom PC Dad PC Son PC Daughter Laptop Dad Laptop We get intermittent periods days and weeks where some computers can't connect to worlds on other computers. Other times it's fine. We can always connect to worlds on Son PC and...
  7. USB modem block LAN connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB modem block LAN connections: Hi. I have a server machine whose IP address is 10.202.2.30/27 and clients connecting to the server from networks 10.202.2.1/27 and 10.202.0.1/24. Everything was fine until I plugged a USB modem to the server. When it is connected to the internet, clients in 10.202.0.1/24...
  8. I've already given permission!

I've already given permission!: I had trouble with the family feature. I was sent a request to give permission on an xbox game on a pc (which I recognised as my other account that for some reason is set to child, and I was the one to 'ask by email'). However once I gave permission (as confirmed below) it...
  9. Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission

Microsoft Family Blocking Chrome but I have given Permission: Both of my young sons have a Window's 10 machine. I have just fixed the MS-WPC error message, however it needed me to give them both permission to use Chrome. For one of their account no problems, they requested through email and I granted permission. The other one did the...
  10. Windows Defender blocking game save files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender blocking game save files: Windows Defender (to be more specific, Virus & Threat Protection > Real Time Protection) thinks that my games on my computer are harming my computer when they enter save files. My games are official, all of them are from Steam, Origin, Uplay, and official PC-ROM discs....