Windows 10: Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted

Discus and support Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did a scan 2 weeks ago and Windows Defender found 3 PUA's. I pressed "start actions" to delete these but every time I did a scan since then, they... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sonic2468, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Sonic2468 Win User

Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted

I did a scan 2 weeks ago and Windows Defender found 3 PUA's. I pressed "start actions" to delete these but every time I did a scan since then, they would still show. I manually deleted them (they were on an external drive) and they are definitely now deleted but they still show up whenever I scan. I can even disconnect the external drive and scan and they will still show up. It is really annoying, how do I stop this?

:)

Sonic2468, Sep 8, 2020
  2. Bree Win User
    Windows Defender PUA Protection

You shouldn't need 3rd-party apps to enable PUA protection. See this tutorial for how to enable it yourself.

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10

Bree, Sep 8, 2020
  3. dencal Win User

Enable or Disable Windows Defender PUA Protection in Windows 10  

Hi Shawn
    For some reason Powershell suggestion in this tut does not work on my computer, though your REG File does.
    This in on Build 1703....see attachments.

Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted [​IMG]

Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted [​IMG]

dencal, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Defender still showing PUA's that have been deleted - Similar Threads - Defender still showing

2. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  3. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender: Windows Defender scan has picked up three different PUA. I use start actions but it is still on my laptop OS windows 10 Pro and active https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pua-not-deleted-or-quarantined-by-windows-defender/f6d0cb27-400c-4e9e-81bd-1d5b955837d0
  4. PUA not deleted or quarantined by Windows Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Troubleshoot Defender, PUA help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshoot Defender, PUA help: I have a thread over HERE on some help with some kernel errors/BSODs and the kind gentleman helping me asked me to request some troubleshooting with Windows Defender and to ask for @Ramesh Srinivasan.Unfortunately, I dont know what kind of help i need: Anyone available to...
  6. Windows defender found PUA

Windows defender found PUA: A weird question but anyway I have F-secure installed. I know that Windows Defender does not work with F-secure. But I did a full scan of my computer with Windows Defender because I got a blue screen earlier and wanted to do a scan with another program too just in...
  7. I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have removed this PUA manually and Microsoft Defender is saying that they still exist on...: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/1i103w56es161.png?width=582&format=png&auto=webp&s=c78f8d7a2e177618a650fa06bf420e644d06c1fe https://preview.redd.it/t8sdj898es161.png?width=451&format=png&auto=webp&s=a70fc2dd51f6ad6056fe795c474dfba3771528c7 submitted by...
  8. Windows Defender PUA Protection

Windows Defender PUA Protection: Some Reason can't get our 2nd Desktop PC to keep on with Windows Defender Pua Protection, Avast was removed with Wise Uninstaller, rebooted system, used Avast clear in safe mode as additional step, then ran ConfigureDefenderx64 to configure Defender, made sure enabled Pua...
  9. Windows Defender blocking PUA?

Windows Defender blocking PUA?: Few questions about blocking PUA in Windows Defender. I enabled the prevention or blocking of PUAs and would like to ask how intrusive the notifications are? Are there a lot of false positives? I only download and install apps which I really need, no Java installed and...
  10. Windows Defender PUA feature?

Windows Defender PUA feature?: WD has this new feature called PUA. Is this for domain environments or can this be done on a standalone Win10 Enterprise? Or is this needed on a standalone system? I know it has to be enabled in the registry. If enabled, how will this effect the use of a machine? Will...