Windows 10: Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?

Discus and support Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eslamsamyismail [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eslamsamyismail, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?

/u/eslamsamyismail, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

Hello NasirMahmood1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Have you installed any third party anti-virus software?

Step 1: Turn Windows Defender Service On.

Initially, we need to check with the status of
    Windows Defender Service which might be stopping the defender to turn on.

• Press Windows key + R and type
      services.msc and press Enter key.
    • Search for Windows Defender Service and check if it has been started.
    • Right click on Windows Defender Service and click on
      Restart.

Step 2: Turn On Windows Defender Antivirus using Group Policy.

As you are on Windows 10 Pro build, I would suggest
    gpedit.msc
    settings from the following link and set it to Disabled or not configured to
    turn on real time protection setting. Follow the steps mentioned under
    Disable real-time protection from the article-
    Enable and configure antivirus always-on protection and monitoring

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Finnvd Win User
    defender stoped working after the windows 10 anniversary update

defender stoped working after the windows 10 anniversary update ---- tried uninstall avg --- not work --- the new anniversary update is not there I use 10 pro -- tried everything hope windows make something to fix all this

Finnvd, Apr 16, 2020
  4. regan1985 Win User

Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?

sound stoped working

for some reason today my sound stoped working with no change to anything, i noticed when i plug in the jacks at the back nothing happends so reltek manager doesnt show anything connected. am i right in thinking theres a common problem with my mobo that teh sound overheats

regan1985, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this?

1. Windows defender stoped working after last update. Does anyone noticed this? - Similar Threads - defender stoped working

2. Has anyone noticed their internet speed slowing after the last MS updates? If so, what is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has anyone noticed their internet speed slowing after the last MS updates? If so, what is...: Has anyone noticed their internet speed slowing after the last MS updates? If so, what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-noticed-their-internet-speed-slowing/59d59976-8954-4870-bfcf-7d99d78ec9d7
  3. Has anyone noticed their internet speed slowing after the last MS updates? If so, what is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone noticed their internet speed slowing after the last MS updates? If so, what is...: Has anyone noticed their internet speed slowing after the last MS updates? If so, what is the fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-anyone-noticed-their-internet-speed-slowing/59d59976-8954-4870-bfcf-7d99d78ec9d7
  4. Windows defender keep stoping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender keep stoping: I am having trouble using my windows defender. Whenever I use it, it will hang up and needed to be re-open. After reopening it again the error will show up. What to do?...
  5. Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues?

in Browsers and Email
    Anyone noticed that MS Edge Chromium does not update after Patch Tues?: All Have noticed an oddball scenario here where my small network of 8 physical machines and 4 VMs would automatically get the latest versions of MS Edge Chromium like clockwork with the help of these two tasks that are installed to Task Scheduler: [img] But after this...
  6. Windows Hello does not work after last windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Hello does not work after last windows update: After last Windows update on 2/2/2021 , Windows Hello does not work. I've tried troubleshooter,winscan, and a few other test I came across on the internet. I've updated the drivers, removed drivers and reinstalled all for camera, downloaded the camera from the store ....
  7. After last Cumulative Update game stoped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last Cumulative Update game stoped working.: I bought and used for about a week Survivalcraft 2 on the Store. And Full Version was working just fine. Then Windows executed last 2020-04 Cumulative Update, restarted and... game returned to Trial Mode meaning it doesn't me do much anymore. Tryed everything I know,...
  8. My pc stoped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc stoped working after update: Last night I wanted to put my computer to sleep but it kept waking up instantly after so I just made it shut down and it had an update so this morning I tried turning on my computer but it isn’t starting up it just says “your PC did not start correctly” I tried restarting it...
  9. headset does not work after the last update

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset does not work after the last update: After updating I went to play like every day and I realized that the sound did not work, I thought that my headphones had been damaged but I used them on another PC and they worked well, I do not have much knowledge in this, so I ask for help...
  10. Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender of Windows 10 stoped working and is not turning on: I have Windows 10 Pro, version 1803, build 17134.407 (64 Bit). suddenly my Windows Defender stopped working. I Cannot turn it on again Real Time Protection is disabled and cannot be turned on. Help me plz. [ATTACH]...